Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Machine to sift trim

Hey Bubbleman, I vote for the BubbleTumbler.

Other ideas: BubbleSifter? BubbleSoon? SimpleSifter? Sift-o-melt? Rotomelt or RotoSifter? RotoBubble? EZ-sifter? SiftyWood? BubbleSiftBox? The SturdySifter? Welcome to SifterWood? Sift-zilla? Sift-o-matic? Sift-o-round? SuperSifter? Trich-catcher? The Sifty-Trike? Sift Express? The Sift Center? The Trichome-Roto-Spa? (ok, I'm reaching now).......

The How-to on the homade job is great too btw, for those that wanna go that way. One thing that has always kept me from tumblers is the fact that they are based on a plastic box. There always seems to be issues over time with wear, and eventual loss of support from the plastic. I would also add a plastic cap for your end bolt, and possibly a plastic liner in your U-slot bolt holder to keep small wood bits from possibly contaminating your dry sift. Of course, there is the whole electrostatic issue with plastic, it makes the sift stick some. Your obvious craftsmanship shows in this how-to TheNewGuy, thanks for sharing.
    YBG

P.S. How about the Rock Solid Bubble Tumbler? As I see it the wooden construction is one of the best features...... another 2 cents....
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Thanks for posting that Aqua, I've never seen an APE before, it's got some good features,
    are the sides made of glass or acrylic?

I wonder why they only offer 180 or 220 micron meshes, not 160 or 140 micron? I guess they are into producing maximum quantity.

I also wonder why they don't offer stainless steel meshes? as not everyone tumbles bud leaf only, lots of guys throw in ground up buds with stems which can poke holes in synthetic/nylon meshes (though, these meshes are tougher than they seem)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

good one thenewguy!..and also to Ocanabis

that's going to help lots of DIY-ers

wow, very impressive macguyver

I just wanna make sure everyone knows that was ocanabis' project. it's the best diy tumbler design i've ever seen, so i figured i would post it here for others to see. all credit goes to him.

the only thing i would change would be to use a 120 micron screen in the tumbler

thenewguy.....here's a few Q's

what's the RPM of your tumbler?...what is the LPI (or the micron measurement) of the mesh you used?

you mentioned that you'd prefer to have used 120 micron, do youmean 120 lines per inch?

if not, then 120u is probably too fine, (depending on the cylinder speed, the type of strain, when it was harvested, how long it has been dried for and the duration of tumbling etc), a good all round mesh size range would be 135 ~ 155 micron (or 110 ~ 130 LPI) for most modern hybrids if quality rather than quantity was your aim...with a 120 micron mesh, it's possible that some resin heads would not pass through the mesh (at least initially)

not sure of the rpm, it's just a rotisserie bbq motor.

i have a 120 micron screen in my pollen box & i like the products i get from it. i've never been a fan of any of the larger screen products, even from bubble.

if you like 135-155 micron, by all means go for it. that's the beauty of building your own (options).

Keep in mind the 120u screen only lets things thru that are 119u and smaller... thus anything larger on your screen will not go thru....

many bubblebag fans can tell you that the 120u bubble is WELL WORTH KEEPING.

Even if you ran a seperate screen first of around the 140u size and collected those resins seperately they are still very much active and in Indica's often extremly melty heads.

Just my two cents... as i was discussing this with someone in chat the other day and they also didnt realize the 120u would hold back the 120u and up heads.... After all dry sifting in this way isnt like bubble hash making.. you are collecting what falls thru the screen. not collecting what falls on top of it.

peace
    Last edited by Bubbleman; 08-31-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: made a mistake in my first sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleman View Post
    .....and they also didnt realize the 120u would hold back the 120u and up heads.... After all dry sifting in this way isnt like bubble hash making.. you are collecting what falls thru the screen. not collecting what falls on top of it.

peace
    Good point, probably a fact missed by most people.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo