Thread: Potency of Ice Water Extracted Bubblehash

Question Potency of Ice Water Extracted Bubblehash

I hope this is OK to post/ask, and I think I'm in the right forum to ask, but if not don't hesitate to let me know and I apologise in advance.

It has been a long time since I've done hash of any kind - Like probably 30 years. My lady friend and I were sorta browsing and we found the ice method. About 10 years ago I heard of the butane method for oil, but decided that was a bit extreme (Ka booooommmmm!) to want to try. So - We're looking at this method having come across an article on the High Times web site about it. Seems like a lot of work.

Let's say (hypothetically, of course) one has access to entire plants.

1. Is this mainly a method of getting something from cuttings which would have gone to waste?

2. Any comments about potency, particularly with respect to the buds of the plant vs. the 'hash' from this method?

3. If you can't see many (if any) trichromes on the leaves (and no, I'm not talking about big fan leaves), should they be processed anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Roll View Post
    I hope this is OK to post/ask, and I think I'm in the right forum to ask, but if not don't hesitate to let me know and I apologise in advance.

It has been a long time since I've done hash of any kind - Like probably 30 years. My lady friend and I were sorta browsing and we found the ice method. About 10 years ago I heard of the butane method for oil, but decided that was a bit extreme (Ka booooommmmm!) to want to try. So - We're looking at this method having come across an article on the High Times web site about it. Seems like a lot of work.

Let's say (hypothetically, of course) one has access to entire plants.

1. Is this mainly a method of getting something from cuttings which would have gone to waste?

2. Any comments about potency, particularly with respect to the buds of the plant vs. the 'hash' from this method?

3. If you can't see many (if any) trichromes on the leaves (and no, I'm not talking about big fan leaves), should they be processed anyway?
    1. Yes. It strips all of the thrichome and terpene covered leaves that otherwise would just go in the trash pile.

2.No difference in potency if you use trim or bud, in my experience. Hash is much more potent than bud.

4. It can't hurt. As always, just be careful not to mix too much and end up with green hash.

Hope that helped. If you have access to trim you'd be a fool to throw it away (no offense). If you don't have access to lots of trim you can always fine trim all the buds you accumulate (buy) over the course of a year. It may add up and you'll get some yield. Which is better than none.

EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!