Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Roors THAT good...?

Ashes I can't help but be curious as to how many de Roors you have puffed from. I have yet to encounter one that smokes poorly and am still willing to look for one. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    Ashes I can't help but be curious as to how many de Roors you have puffed from. I have yet to encounter one that smokes poorly and am still willing to look for one. Peace GS
    I don't think he was saying anything bad about Roor tubes (as i wasn't trying to imply they're not good in any way either). I think he was just agreeing about giving your money to the small individually owned companies. The one reason i'm leaning that way is because German roors are supposed to be top notch, but for that kind of money they don't seem to be doing anything different, pushing the bar, or making anything other than a plain tube. All be it high quality, but not very "modern" i guess. Maybe i just need to try a DE out and see for myself.

Well if its ok with you its ok with me. Just that it seemed you started the thread asking about Roors not about how affordable Oregon bongs were. Peace GS

ps. although Roors can be very pricey one can still get a decent bong for around $200 and for big hits with less air check out the pocket Roor
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

the u.s. roor rips just as nice as the de roor. you can have a glass on glass tube, made by lots of great glass blowers, and i'm sure they will rip just as nice. after the 3rd rip you're not gonna give a shit anyway! but i guess it's the social status of having a "roor" label stuck on the tube. but i have broken my roor and sent it to roor usa and the did a fantastic job repairing it. i cant even tell it was broken. if you buy a tube from somewhere else, will you be able to get it repaired as easily?
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Roor USA will repair any tube as long as it is repairable, and DE diffies are noticeably better than US ones. There are some QC issues with roor, but most likely substantially less than a cheaper brand of tube

how are they noticeably better? and which quality control issues are you refering to?
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Yeah you have a point Razz. Just thought it'd be an easier ordeal to send it to a "guy" in the US than to send it to a company, especially if it's in another country.

Some of the major differences between the US and DE RooR tubes are:

1. the angle of placement of the downstem is different; with the DE tubes, the downstem is right down into the corner of the tube, not so much with the US ones.

2. The DE diffusers are different, pierced holes as opposed to d-cut slits. IMO these DE diffys make the hit the smoothest.

3. The joints on the DE tubes are near invisible. You cant see where the glass was joined.

4. DE tubes have not so far come with percs, they are working on them, but for several reasons have not released the designs to production yet. If you want a perc'd Roor, its gotta be a US.

Some may call the DE tubes plain, others clean and functional design. The major difference between the approach of US vs DE RooRs, is that the DE Roor makers are perfectionists, wanting to put out the highest quality bongs. US Roor wants to sell as many RooRs as possible and so concentrates more on mass production.

All of this IMO only, take or leave it as you like.

Puff puff pass.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

i was looking more for a factual answer, not an opinionated response. but thank you ybg, all good points to ponder on after the 3rd bong rip! haha
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

honalee/us tubes are another small us made tube company with very high quality

i'm pretty sure roor.us doesn't have d-cut diffusors any more, they have holes like roor.de, just not as many holes.