Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Glass?

Default Shipping Glass?

I need to ship two tubes and live in a not so liberal state when it comes to these types of things. I grungeoff'd the hell out of these tubes so they are completely crystal and got them in two regular brown boxes. Now i need to ship these UPS or FEDEX and was wondering the best method about going about doing that. I know either of these companies are going to ask me what is inside the box and I guess I'll just say glass, and not get in trouble?. Do you think I should go to a shipping center/mailcenter/ups store/fedex store? just curious whats the safest way to do this

We'll, from what I've read and know. Usually Fedex and UPS is a no go with those company's because they make you sign a release paper that anyone at anytime can open your package. USPS is also the only one that insure's glass, if it's not used...but even that can be tricky sometimes to get it covered if it broke in transport. Usually, people ship glass via USPS, make's sure the tubes/glass is very clean, sparkling mint, package it well, just to make sure there's no break. And if they want information on the package, just say it's blown glass or glassware or something like that. I dont think you should get in trouble...imo...I've sent some used broken glass that was cleaned up very thoroughly from the Canada to the States to get them repaired and no problem even occured. Sorry, for making this soooo long also.

also fedex/ups loves to stick the FRAGILE[USE AS SOCCER BALL PLEASE DURING BREAKS] stickers on glass packages

USPS all the way

Don't use UPS...you don't wanna get BROWNED do ya?

I can't believe what i'm reading. USPS is the shoddiest shipping outfit ever. You never know where your package is and it may show up in two days or it may show up in a month. But I have never actually had to file a claim with any shipping company so i'm not sure how that works. Actually, lemme take that partially back because fedex is some bitches too. They just drop yer shit and run. If you live on the wrong side of the tracks like me, that's not always a good thing. Some crack head will come along and jack your shit.

Am I the only one missing DHL?

dhl does a pretty good job IMO.

IMO anything other than USPS is more risky. Fedex, DHL, UPS are all privately owned companies, meaning they can search whatever/whenever. USPS is govt owned a.k.a. tax funded, and because of that they need a warrant to search anything.

usps ftw imho tbh

USPS, label the package 'Glass Art', package it really, really well.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo