Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bubble Box

Default The Bubble Box

greetings

is the one that i keep seeing at the top of the screen your latest box bubbleman? if so, how new? will there ever be an upgrade, maybe with another screen? or is this bubble box just about as good as its ever going to get?

anyone that has experience with these, please dont hesistate to leave a review or something (although i think we know they will all be positive to say the least)

the bubblebox is a great tool man...I can't really see a way of improving it....the three screens I think are perfect and plentiful....The box is made of a fine quality wood, and is durable, and easy to clean...there's a cpl of threads here showing the goodness from the box...

I helped design the Bubble Box along with Bubble Man. The wood is held togeather using joints, thus there is no glue that would bring fumes of taste and smell into it and ruining the herb. The key lock and hinges are non-rusting and the hinges are fastened on the inside, so that they can not be unscrewed and the box broken into. The screen is the same industrial strength, medical grade nylon that is used in the Bubble Bags themselves.

The original Bubble Box had a built in side compartment for storing all your paraphernalia. I really liked that aspect and I own one of the few original boxes that had that feature and use it all the time. We had to discontinue that style of the box though because it increased the price and we wanted to keep them affordable.

It's a very stylish box and whenever I pull mine out, people are always amazed at how pretty it is. And it works very well in it's purpose of creating hash.

sog army is offline Whole Plant Hash Maker : clear dome hash maker

I couldn't have worded it better myself man.. I love my bubblebox

I've got a Bubble Box ..the new model has three lid hinges too (two crescent hinges and a long straight hinge in the middle.......and actually Meercat, non-toxic water based wood glues are used to bond joints and veneers, but more importantly the interior is, of course, not varnished or painted.

most of the photos I see online show people dry sifting with the screens still in the box... I always take the three screens and the catching plate out of the Bubble Box, do my dry sifting, then put them away back in the box...I find it's easier that way...but if I'm just skinning a j or packing a pipe I leave the screens in the box..everyone is a little different, aren't they

someone mentioned improvements..there's always improvements that can be made with any product, like the extra hinge that was added to last year's Bubble Box

i like the fact the mesh screen sizes (micron and line per inch measurements) are branded on the top of each screen frame, this was an excellent improvement too.

I think a digital hygrometer (humidity meter) positioned on the inside of the lid would be a useful addition to the Bubble Box...as low humidity levels are important to the dry sifter.

a magnifying glass or loupe would be an asset to the Bubble Box too....magnification is the dry sifter's friend!

I'd also like to see low cost version of the Bubble Box to give those with smaller budgets a chance to triple dry sift and make their own blond sticky hash, perhaps made from maple or pine with just a linseed oil rubbed exterior to give the box a dull finish.

I think BM could consider selling separate mesh screen frames too because 95% of kiffers are happy with just one or two screen frames to dry sift with and there aren't many purpose built dry sifting screens available out there to buy (just re-labelled screen printing frames that are not designed for hash making).....perhaps offer a lower cost 2 screen frame box?

The three mesh sizes work just fine.......but I'd like to see a 4 or 5 screen box with an extra 100 mesh on top and a 225 or 250 mesh added to the bottom.....

and/or offer the Bubble Box buyers with the choice of 5 mesh screen sizes as some people might be happier with a combo of 100, 120 and 140 mesh screens.....while others might like the current combo 120, 140 and 200..others might prefer 100, 140 and 200.

a giant sized Bubble Box would be good too...with screens as wide as a keyboard or bigger....and also with the "Bubble Man auto-kiffer" an optional extra that uses vibration and oscillation to make hash...fill up the box with ground up bud, press a button, come back in twenty and your hash is made, (shaken, not stirred)

"I love my Bubble Box" ....BM should sell a t-shirt with that phrase..Sog Army should get a free tee for thinking up the phrase and I wouldn't refuse one either for my small part in suggesting the idea ~ lol

Happy Dry Sifting!
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 01-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

Wink

Now I'm definitely going to have to get a bubblebox for myself.

Paz y mas...
    PIPE HITTERS UNION - KNOW YOUR ROLE - JOIN THE UNION

thanks for the info...got to get one

Well mine arrived today in less than decent condition, (ripped screens, glue stains throughout), who am i supposed to contact about this? for a nearly 300 dollar item I'm fairly disappointed in the lack of quality and poor packaging.
    Last edited by CaptainCoconut; 05-29-2008 at 06:07 PM.

wow captaincococonut, you already sent me a pm to which i have replied, and you didnt seem near as dissapointed in your pm.
    however as i mentioned in the pm, your top screen will be replaced, at no cost to you, so no worries. very sorry we didnt get it to you in 100% perfect shape. But we stand behind all our products, and will make sure you get your top screen replaced.
    If there was glue all over, this was a manufacturing defect, something we can only keep an eye on and try to improve.

Peace
    Bubble man

i should of been more patient i suppose, i just happened to notice you log on then back off but I do regret the above post and I apologize. been under lots of financial pressure lately. anyway feel free to delete this conversation. like i said in the pm the box does do it's job above what i had expected, ha i guess that should be good enough.