Thread: The Original Zong

Exclamation The Original Zong

Okay so I'm kind of mad that I can't find any of the original zongs around anymore. This is the original. http://www.weedcity.com/shop/popupla...%20Zong%20Bong
    So anyways I was thinking that we have got to get these things back into production. None of the new ones have that bottle neck right before the top and none of the new ones are hand blown or made with good glass... I dunno I'm just really angry that this company got put out of business and now I can't buy their product!!! I dunno man. All I know is that all the shitty remakes out there don't even compare and I'm just really pissed they're all gone. I searched for a used one on E-bay, craigslist and Kijiji. And theres nothing. Anyone who has one of the originals still must be coveting that thing like the ring from Lord of the Rings. Anyways yeah. Perhaps someone could run the idea past a company that blows glass to get this thing back into production EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS.... I mean they're already making shitty remakes so whats stopping someone from remaking the real thing. Has to have the bottle neck @ the top. Glass on glass so you could put in a defuser from another company. No fuckin cheap shortcuts. It would be just beautiful... I just feel that its a damn shame there are none of these things left around for people to experience. Because the people who havn't smoked an original won't understand why im so pissed about them not being around until they've tried it. There is a big difference between the new remakes around these days and the Zong of the past.

Shplah. Tell me theres someone that knows what I mean!!!

- Peace.

dude that weedcity zong is not an original zong

Default Zong

I have a old Original with the Zong Dog tags, I will try to hunt it down for a snapshot.

Aqua Lab Tech

Default The Original Zong

Dug this up out of the garage..

A OG Zong straight tube with bubble Bottom and the OG Zong Dog Tags.

Aqua Lab Tech
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah there back in bizz jus made a order for my shop

those are all remakes. not the same as they used to be. They're missing the old bottle neck at the top which gave it awesome suction past that point and doubled as an ice catcher. It was also glass on glass. It is still listed on weedcity's website for some reason but they're out of stock obviously because the company went out of business. Here is the zong that I am talking about:

Much better then the generic remakes they produce these days. I can't even find a used one on E-bay or anything.
    Last edited by StonedBong; 05-15-2009 at 11:08 PM.

when were the original zongs produced?