Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Supremes Dry Sift Thread

Default Green Supremes Dry Sift Thread

Took material and ran it through the big screen{Pic 1}. Pic 2 is the hash collected from under the screen on the glass. Pic 3 is the hash loaded onto the top screen in the Bubblebox. The screen is 140 micron .Pic 4 is the material sieved to the screen below which is 107 micron. Pic 5 is the material on 107 after sieving . Picture 6 is whats ontop of the 70 micron screen.Picture 7 pic is the stuff left below the bottom screen. Not very pleasant to puff. Peace GS
    Last edited by Green Supreme; 12-26-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

First pic is the 140 micron . Second pic is the 107 micron. Third pic is the 70 micron . Peace GS

Took me a few hours. The most time consuming thing is picking the dog hairs out after the big screen sieve. the rest was maybe an hour. Not sure how many grams it was, never weighed it. Seemed like about 1/6th of a 1/2 lb ziplock. Yes this was all inside trim and bud leaf I collected from rolling joints. I never weighed anything but it is safe to say bubble would have less contaminant and better yield. Thanks for looking and check it out. If you don't dry sift its something new and try combining it with bubble. Best of both worlds man. Peace GS

I've got a dog too and he drops a handfull of short bristley hair on the floor everyday! ..the trouble with dog hairs is that they find their way onto your sticky plant material and can pass through even very fine meshes.

Picking dog hairs out of your dry sift is a p.i.t.a!....In a previous post I read that Bubbleman suggested that to easily remove dog hairs from your dry sift, spread your dry sift thinly on a glass table, rub a balloon on a jumper or your head to create a static electrical charge and then slowly pass the balloon over the kif to pick up the hairs...or you can resift each layer, resin heads will initially pass through the mesh before the hairs do

here's a hint Green Supreme...take the frames out of the box when sifting as it's much easier than reaching in and down and of course try to keep the dog out of the growing and drying areas (this will help not prevent dog hairs from getting onto your plant material, just minimise it.

it looks like you got quite a good yield from the few handfuls of leaf there. I actually yield more from dry sifting than ice hashing and could process that amount in 20 minutes or less....most of that time is taken up working the resin over the finest mesh...but it all depends on your goal, I usually tend to dry sift equally for quality and quantity, not absolute purity.

here's a few hints
    *make sure the material is dry and aged..and the ambient temps and humidity are low
    *try to scrape a small amount of resin at a time, esp over the finer meshes, several times across the mesh..the idea is to break up the contaminants and force them through.
    *instead of scraping back and forth over the same small area of mesh, move the resin in a W pattern so it worked over a greater mesh area, then after a awhile turn the frames around and work it in another direction.
    *re-sifting the resin through each of the top two meshes (before moving onto the next finer mesh) stopping when 85% has passed through will help prevent some of the larger contaminants from passing through
    *and of course use a 20x or 30x magnifying glass to monitor your progress..magnification is the dry sifter's helper

btw tell us how each pile smoked...I bet the stuff that was left above the 70 micron mesh had a nice hard hitting high...did it warm the ears and forehead with a rush?

Happy Hashing
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 12-27-2008 at 12:48 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

Sweet looking hash, had some Blueberry Dry Sieve, Twas THE Bomb!
    Good luck with the Sweet Skunk.

Sin

Spent some time with Bubbleman's Tumblenow prototype today. Not sure how much at start or finish, just that it was tumbled for 6 minutes. Dry sift fmcd baby. Peace GS

look's fucking great gs. i am a big fan of dry sift too. looks tasty. keep doing you.

Here is some dry sieve made with the vacuum method, only one dude I know doing this. The material was from Sweet Skunk and this is some beauty hash. Peace GS

nice sift Gs! do u have any micron specific size u tend to stick to?

My personal set up is a 2 x 3 frame with 200lpi. for the plant material and then the powder goes through my Bublebox to clean it up. Peace GS