Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing photo equipment

Default Purchasing photo equipment

Well as many of you may know i recently purchased a canon EOS 40D slr, along with 17-85mm lens.
    I was looking localy for the MPE 65mm macro lens that canon sells ( UNBELIEVABLE LENS) and found it for 1350 $ . Without thinking i ordered it from the shop, as well as the 24EX dual flash, which was another 1070$ . AFter thinking twice about my order, i went online and started to find this equipment much cheaper. I gotta tell you guys, do not buy without checking the net. I had to call the camera store i ordered and cancel my order, cause of how much cheaper i had found it online.

I want to put this link up here for anyone thinking of buying camera equipment, as these guys are unreal in their service.

www.17photo.com

They are located in new york, i called them up on the phone which was nice, many of the online retailers of camera equipment do not have contact phone numbers. I asked if they had the mpe 65mm and they said it was on order and would be in tomorrow. This was two days ago>
    So i ordered one up for 820us $. about a 600$ savings before tax. I also ordered the flash which came to 650$ , which was another 400$ savings before tax. A total of 1000$ saved.
    I called today just to see if the lens had come in, as Mark on the phone mentioned it would be in today> Well i got mark again and he tells me not only is it in, but he has sent my order out already>
    I gotta tell you i was blown away. When ordering things online i think sometimes we fear the worst situation and never expect the best. Not only did these guys save me a ton of cash, they are quick and efficient to> So i wanted to share with all of you who are thinking of getting any new equipement, check these guys out, they ship worldwide, and are ON THE BALL.

Thanks 17photo.

Peace
    Bubble man

Ps, i will write back here when the package arrives and let you all know how it turned out for me.

Did the same thing bro... But luckily checked the web right after... www.bhphoto.com is where i order from and never had a problem since.... Nice choice on the gear mon... Peace.....

One thing you want to be careful with ordering from Bhphoto, is that they carry GREY Market items, meaning they look like the item but its not the item, and has absolutely zero warranty> They also carry refurbished. That is what in the end, made me go with 17photo.com

But yeah all in all am stoked on to get the lens and flash in the next few days. I guess its the same one your buddy has tga? thats what monkey was teling me anyway.

Peace
    Bubble man

Thumbs up

i had the opportunity to use a nice canon 20D with that 65mm macro lens and flashring. i took a macro with it that won me some killer queenf6 on a foto contest! great camera ime.
    first pick is the pick that won me those kq beanz the second is some yummy hawaiian sativa feno btrsctch hawaiian.
    i want a new cam bad. im using an antiquated sony mavica atm and it takes ok pic but i wanna brag lol.
    great choice on cam setup. im looking at those nikon too. sub swears by them and his picks got me interested in photography in the first place. monkey takes wikit fine insect picks as does bananaman at breedbay. thanks for the link too!
    peace,
    pwf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking into getting a 65mm macro for my canon but Uk seems to be much more expensive than the US, anyone got any ideas?
    Peace

howabout ordering one online from the US??

yeah if you guys read the start of my thread, i said 17photo.com is a good place to order this gear from . they are totaly trustworthy and good to go> I paid 800 for a lens that would have cost me 1300 before taxs here in canada.

anyway check em out online, you can even call and order over the phone.

Peace
    Bubbleman

wow, im surprised others know about 17photo. bubbleman you're very right when you say "they are on the ball." you are also correct about bh in the city. although they do have some decent stuff, you have to watch out for grey items. good call.

yeah 17th street photo rocks, i used to live a couple blocks away and it was the best

I'm pretty sure I've ordered stuff from 17th street photo, through Amazon.com and had a smooth experience, only I'm a Nikon owner...