Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YBG's Hash Experiments

Default X2 Cont...

So pictures with the numbers on top are the 6 minute run. Numbers on the bottom of pics are the 15 minute run.

25u first and second runs:

45u second and first runs, and close ups of the first run hash:

Next up is the 73u second and first runs, and some closeups of the first run hash:

Here is the 90u second and first run hashes, and close ups of the first run:

Here is the First Run 120u hash:

Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 01-03-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Default whew... still going

Here is the first and second run hashes from the 190u, 160u and 120u:

You may have noticed that the cardboard is stained somewhat, a first for me:

Burning some of the 73u first run hash after 1 day drying (told ya some was missing):

Left nothing but a stain on the screen.....

Gotta try some of the dry 45u first run hash next:

Trying some of the dry 73u first run hash:

Look at that! Full Melt Baby! I am so stoked at this point, (and getting pleasantly stoned)

Time to try some of the dry 90u first run hash:

Holy cow man, this stuff has been drying for 4 days now, and its so sticky and gooey that if I hadn't made this hash myself I'd have sworn it was budder (sorry for the bad word Bman and fmb)... apply flame....

WoooHooo!!!!! This hash melts into a puddle and makes smokey lil bubbles even on my dirty ol screen! ( I think those are dome-ish, closest for me anyway) So potent and yummy, arrrgghhhhhhh........ sorry droolin......

This is the best hash I have ever made, and better by far than anything I sampled at the cup, perhaps ever (so far). Even after 4 more days the small amount left was still greasy and sticky..... Yum!
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 01-03-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Default Part 2 conclusions

No weights at the end this time sorry, it was too sticky to get near a scale, and I kept sampling it, so the weight would have been meaningless, but you can clearly see from the pictures that the end yield from the dry run was more volume, but I got FMCD hash (yes I got some un-pictured domes later) from the fresh material.

Some new things for me:
    1) I had to freeze the patties a bit b4 I could chop them up at all they were so sticky
    2) The stained cardboard

The 2 could be related. In talking with Bubbleman about it, it's possible that I broke some of the trich heads open chopping/shaving up the frozen patties, resulting in the staining, and the hash staying sticky (I'm more used to a dryer powdered hash).

3) YAY MELTY GOODNESS!!! I used to think it was a myth, now I'm chasin that dragon man.....

This hash is worthy of being the first bowl in my new Treating Yourself edition RooR I picked up in Amsterdam:

Part 3 & 4 yet to come, Sister M hash, same process, lot more material..... after I make the hash, soon come
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 01-03-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Looking good YBG...bet you were baked.

Treadstone Guest

very nice thread..... great look pics and final products... interesting tube.. what was the point of them? sweet roor logo hiding on the foot

The point? Didn't I mention that?... Such a stoner. Basicly I wanted to see the differences for myself between dry and fresh material made into hash, starting with the exact same amount of the exact same bud, done by the exact same process. It seems a bit better than " it seems a bit stickier, and I think I got less". I'm taking all of you along with me in hopes that this information is useful to someone else besides myself. Or at least interesting. Or at least some ok pictures to look at.... I dunno, what were we talking about?

Lets all make hash

what a fuckin great thread there ybg! that was sooooo awesome!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Just for the record, of the 2 batches, I prefered the hash from the fresh frozen buds better, even tho there was less of it. Way meltier (like FMCD, yay), and more potent too. The first batch hash from dry frozen buds was also nicer than most of the hashes I smoked in 'Dam, melts and bubbles and a nice stone, with a little ash left. For me this is pretty standard hash from A+ material, which is why I didnt snap pics of it as I smoked it all up Not as impressive images as the super melty hash, you see

these kinda threads are why we made this site....way to go Yukon....very well done...

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    these kinda threads are why we made this site....way to go Yukon....very well done...

exactly, great thread great pics an def interested final outcome.
    Before you ever make fun of an old person, consider that the alternative to old is, not old...
    and the only way to achieve not old, is not good