Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bikram's Yoga

Default Bikram's Yoga

I have recently gotten turned onto this incredible form of hatha yoga. I have to say, its done a world of good for me, and if any of you out there want to help your physical and emotional bodies, as well as your spirtual, this will be for you.
    The sequence is 26 postures done over a 90 minute period in a room that is heated to 110degree's F.

www.bikramyoga.com
    www.bikramyogavancouver.com

are a few websites to get you started on your learning, and if you have any questions please ask away.

Are the 1st and 3rd pics two of the 26 postures that you do in the 90 minutes? Because if so, I'm freaking out man, I've already broken too many bones!

Just kidding, I'm really gonna check out the local bikrams, I promise. And I'm gonna force QueenofGreen to come along with me.

Definitely looking forward to trying this out......

RE: that last pic-- that is one big yoga class... Guinness world record, big.

Kaneda after bikram yoga:
    (i've been awaiting an opportunity to break out the smilie on crutches.)

hope this finds you all doing well;
    be peaceful my friends.
    xxoo,
    natty

"You never really understand a person,
    until you consider things from his point of view.
    Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it
    ."

-Atticus Finch;
    Harper Lee's - To Kill A Mockingbird

Hey B-man

Can an older broken up guy that can hardly put his shoes on without major pain do this class or is it for the advanced?Ive been told to check out yoga for my pain so not sure if I should start with regular yoga first.Thanx ahead.

Swik

After being injured last year and taking way too much time for myself "to heal" I am now in the yoga for stiff people class....working my way back up. It sounds interesting though, Bman...110 degree room huh? Why is that? Any particular reason or philosophy behind the increase in temperature other than a good pure sweat?

This class would absolutely be for your swimko, I have heard of people who could barely stand being propped up against the back wall for their first bikrams class. its is a beginners class. That you can do for the next twenty years plus.

The temperature is to help you access deep tissue in your muscle's that you would not otherwise have access to> The heat is absolutely essential to get the deepest into your wounds that you can go> Im amazed at the level of self discovery is offered thru this simple sequence of postures. IF you feel you can't do it, try doing the half class, which is to do each pose ONCE, instead of twice. I will put up a link to a great cd by bikram here

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=bikram+yoga

and also if you are really intersted, i would pick up his new book to.

Enjoy

Peace
    Bubbleman

That makes total sense...I myself like to hit the spa tub before I do yoga to loosen me up (I get adrenaline surges that make my back "lock up"...same thing happens when I am cold). Sometimes the jacuzzi leaves me feeling very tired and lethargic all by itself...I bet bikram's yoga would eliminate that.... yes..makes good sense. I will definitely give that link a go after noon today and seek out the book. You and I have talked yoga before..it's always been something that I pick up for a while then stop doing it for one excuse or another and really..for as good as it does me I don't know why I quit... you have been the little push from the cosmos I have needed more than once...

thanks

namaste
    jonesy

well just a bump to anyone looking into bikrams yoga.
    I am on a thirty day challange right now, and have done the past 8 of 10 days so far. MIssed a couple, but may still make up for it by the end of the month by doing two classes in one day.
    Man i feel great after class lately.
    I will keep a small journal of how my yoga helps me personaly.
    I am working on straightening my spine and no longer having chronic headaches, What better journy to be on than one of seeking out optimum health.

Peace
    Bubble man

I gotta try it sometime!

new to iyengar yoga but never done bikram.

A book I have states "when you do yoga positive things start happening in your life"

So True.

As far as the heated room.

Imagine a rubber band.

put in your freezer then try and stretch it. It breaks

take a rubber band and warm it up, its very pliable and stretches easily.

Your muscles work the same way.

So it would make sense why bikram yoga would allow you to get a deeper stretch.

Thanks for sharing!

Take care of yourselves everyone.

It only takes a minimum of 15 minutes 3 times a week to get a physical benefit from exercise.

---------------------------------------------
    There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance.
    ---------------------------------------------