Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bikram's Yoga

Quote Originally Posted by swikmo View Post
    Hey B-man

Can an older broken up guy that can hardly put his shoes on without major pain do this class or is it for the advanced?Ive been told to check out yoga for my pain so not sure if I should start with regular yoga first.Thanx ahead.

Swik
    First the disclaimer. As always, check with your doctor before starting a exercise program.

Older broken guys can make drastic improvements with any type of exercise.

This yoga video helped me to loosen up.
    Yoga for People Who Hate Stretching
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dE7IsKQE1sM

probably wanna start with some simple stuff then progress from there.
    ---------------------------------------------
    There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance.
    ---------------------------------------------

Wink

Unfortunately, for me, nobody in El Paso Texas offers the Bikram Yoga. So I'll have to settle for plain old PT and the PTSD counseling the VA clinic offers me at Beaumont Army Medical Center to get my stress under control. Thanks for introducing me to that yoga, Bubbleman, I still sincerely appreciate the heads up. I'll keep an eye for the instant in which it may become available here in my region.

Paz y mas...
    PIPE HITTERS UNION - KNOW YOUR ROLE - JOIN THE UNION

This is a beginners class my friend, so anyone can go and jump into it.
    My five year old daughter did it with me , she is now seven and still does it with me on occassion. OLd lady's do this class. its A BEGINNERS CLASS.
    there is no need to build up to doing this class. just a matter of breaking thru your own ego , and no allowing yourself to talk yourself out of it.
    I just finished a class a few hours ago and it was a good torture session. 90 minutes of pure hell, but hey i evicted parts of me that i didnt need, and yes that can be very uncomfortable, but at the same time, it can be very empowering.

my two cents

Bubble man

ps, hey oaxaaspice, i dont go to class, i do it at home, you can download bikrams cd off www.isohunt.com and buy his book which shows all the postures, you can also find the postures online at many of the bikrams yoga sites.
    just a matter of being a little more focused, and you can do this at home just like I do.

Wink

Thanks for the info, Bubbleman, I'll get on it quick.

Paz y mas...
    PIPE HITTERS UNION - KNOW YOUR ROLE - JOIN THE UNION

Default Bikrams Yoga

I have seen many patients who could not get any benefit form a general treatment for psychological problems but Yoga helped them in a way that now they are lading a complete perfect life.