Thread: A couple questions

Default A couple questions

I got a digital camera but it isn't very good at taking macro shots. im going to exchange it at walmart for a better one. i know it won't be that great unless i get one of those huge ones but i was wondering, how do i tell how good they are at macro shots unless i try them out? im hoping to spend under $200

EDIT: btw my current camera can only take focused pictures from like 6 inches away or more
    Last edited by hoteso376; 01-04-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Many current cheaply priced model digital cameras have a macro setting somewhere. Look for a symbol that looks like a flower for macro mode, good luck.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

yeah mine has that symbol, but when its in macro mode it still doesnt get very close. i'm looking for one that can get closer

Hey Hoteso, there are a few good camera's out there that offer nice macro shots. But they are extremly expensive. If you want to get something in the 200 or less range, you are going to have a very hard time.
    Perhaps one of the sony cybershots, or the canon elf's may do you well.
    The problem with using macro function on certain camera's, is that you cannot use the zoom at all> it cancels out the macro>
    So try your macro on your camera with your zoom pulled right back.

good luck

Bubble man

Yep, on my Cannon Elph, no zoom on macro, but under $200. To get closer I need my SLR Canon Rebel. here is a 'macro' shot from the Elph:
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

yeah i didnt zoom, i tried it and it just made it worse lol. i went to the store and checked out a few canons and they seem pretty good, i found one with good macros for 210. only problem is its way bigger than my current camera so its not very portable.