Thread: to shake or to rub

Default to shake or to rub

so I was having an a disscusion with several friends, about what is a better technique for acheiveing full melt goodness dry sift....the way I've always done it, is to lightly rub the cannabis over the screens, using a license, or card of some type...they said that shaking the box is the best method....thoughts?

well i would say they both have their place. For instance. The best place to make dry sift is by far in sub zero temperatures. This freezes the glands and makes them much more brittle. If you have a walk in freezer or a small freezer unit you can drop your box into, you will see that just a shake of the box is all you need. PErhaps some of you remember WILLIAMSWONDERIN from overgrow. he use to go on and on and on about his freezer hash. he used a silver bowl and would gently shake buds around in it in sub zero temperatures. THis would give him full melt.
    However if you dont have subzero temps, then a gentle swafting of the herb is in order. especialy if you have multiple screens, because you can clean up what extra contaminant you will end up with in your final product, with the extra screens.
    SO realy they both have their place.

Peace
    Bubble man