Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Hash!!! water extracted rose glands

Hybrid View

Default Rose Hash!!! water extracted rose glands

A few years ago my father had a contact in peru that had an incredible amount of rose's. Grown organicly we figured a good idea would be to see if the bags could extract the rose essence. We had both heard you could get 20,000Us per gallon of rose essential oils, and those were extracted in a way that breached the heads into an oil. With water extraction we could extract the heads in tact.
    My father contacted his friend in peru and they shipped us a large box of rose heads.
    Here is the work that we did that day.

Started with a few dozen rose heads. Not to many, as i just wanted to do a light run and see how affective it would be

Did a 4 minute run with the cake mixer on low/med

Settled for fifteen minutes

Then pull the 220u blue work bag.

then we pull the green 190u bag

then the 160u red bag

next we pull the orange 120u bag

Then the yellow 73u bag

followed by the white 45u bag

and finally the 25u purple bag

here are the samples we pulled from the bags

I ended up with a very little amount of dry product, but it defintily was essential oil of rose . I vaporzed some and it was absolutely incredible. Very potent and flavorful.
    The rose taste in my throat persisted for some time after vaping.

Hope you guys enjoyed the show, remember there are many plants you can run thru your bubble bags, you may be surprised to see what you can produce...

Bubble man
    Last edited by Bubbleman; 01-17-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Wow that's amazing man. Is the oil really worth that much?

Default Essential oils

Nice thread Bubbleman.

Aqua Lab Tech

do u get high or is it just for taste

You dont get so much high off rose oil, but you do get some very nice feelings from the inhalation of the rose essence.
    Rose has many properties in essential oils
    here are a few i found online...

"
    Rose essential oil is an all purpose oil that is not as popular as Lavender oil, which can primarily be attributed to its high price. But, it is truly worth its cost. The botanical name of rose is Rosa damascena. It belongs to the Rosaceae family and is known by different names such as Bulgarian and Turkish rose, otto of rose and attar of rose. To know about the use and health benefits of rose essential oil, read on.

The word Rose has been derived from the Greek word 'roden', which means red. The color of rose is usually deep red; at times it has a tinge of pale yellow or green. Rose essential oil is very valuable in fighting depression, anger and fear. It is a skin friendly oil, which softens the skin and makes it glowing and charming. Rose essential oil also takes care of your heart and digestive system. It has a very fresh, sweet, floral aroma, which makes it so special.

Rose petals have been finding their way in the setting of wedding pandals and beds for the newly wed couples. Rose is infact a symbol of purity and love. Roses have also been sailing smoothly in the prayer halls. Oil is extracted from rose using the method of steam distillation. Early in the morning, the fresh flowers are picked from the garden and steam distilled. The yield is near about 0.02 -0.05 %. The heat that is used to extract oil has to be cautiously controlled, as excessive heat can destroy the fragrance of rose.( NOTICE THIS POINT< NOT THE CASE IN WATER EXTRACTION)

Rose essential oil is an all rounder and provides the best of all. It is a great aphrodisiac and thus perfect to add spice to your love life. It is also known for its antispasmodic, antiviral and antiseptic therapeutic properties. Rose oil is very beneficial in curing Eczema, Stress, and Menstrual Problems. It serves like a tonic for the liver, heart, stomach and uterus. For coping with emotional problems, rose essential oil is the best remedy. It is of great use in boosting the circulation of blood in the body.

Note: The use of rose oil should be avoided during pregnancy.

Also wanted to add a small shot of rose trichome's i took with my usb microscope some years ago> I will find some fresh rose flowers in the near future to shoot with my mpe so you can see the quality of the trichome's a little better.

Peace
    Bubble man

wow thats nuts!

absolutly incredible didnt know you can even do that nice info too

excellent thread!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

WOW, Learn Something New Every Day!!EH!!!

could you have kept running that water thru the bags? seems you could have gotten more