Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Macro shots

Default Some Macro shots

Well i just got my mpe 65mm lens, along with the MT-24ex dual flash. ALso picked up a manfrotto tripod with a gear head 410. All in all im beyond stoked. NOw to start picking up some tips from M.J about how to use this thing.
    Just playing around a little today, i managed to snag these three shots

The first is the congolese at about 3x. It was grown by Green Supreme and given to me jar'd 8 months ago> I pulled the bud out today and took this shot.

This next shot is the same congolese bud, but cropped out of a different section of the photo.

third i took a shot of some 1 year cured krush bubble, 120u. It the lowest quality of the three i kept ie the 90u, 73u and 120u. It doesnt produce a full melt, but does produce a sizzle and a bit of melt. The head on the high is absolutely wonderful. It will be nice to start getting pics of the full melt and see how much contaminant it has. The contaminant we see in the picture is cystolith hairs and capitate stalks as well as some minor green material> I would say percentage of heads is still well above 80% . especialy when you compare it to the actual bud shots.

Many more to come in the upcoming weeks. just gotta practice a little more

Peace
    Bubble man

Wow man that new camera ROCKS! I love how you can see all the hairs and stalks and specs of green. Shit is Pimp!

Lovely Bman. Looks like some prime herb

Default there ya go fullmeltbubble some fullmeltbubble!!!

hey schroomy yeah this lens definitly does rock, however i gotta admit, i realy dont know how to use it that well> but im gonna spend a lot of time learning, so it will only get better.

Here is a picture of some 73u bchp bubble at about 3x, and then a melt shot of the same stuff taken at 3x as well.

beautiful shots. i suddenly have a craving for some creme brulee.

keep the pics coming!

Default getting better

heheheh no doubt fourtwenty. well i got a few more tips from MJ tonight and took a few more shots

here they are .

peace

Bubbleman

I have not got a macro flash yet but these are my first shots with the mp-e 65mm which like you is the reason I chose a Canon over a Nikon dslr. These were done just with sunlight and freehand but it is an awsome bit of kit and deserves a proper macro light stage as well as a macro flash. Here we come massive fullmelt posters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

welcome to the site perhaps, i am stoked you're here. Even more stoked to hear you got the canon slr with mpe 65mm. The thing is absolutely awesome. NOw i know four members here that have that lens. between you me, MJ and h0megr0wn, we shoul be able to help each other along nicely.
    great shots as always man, i look foreward to seeing our growth with this lens.

Here are some shots i took today of the krush bud.The hash from the krush is coming soon.

wanted to add this one of the kief as well> as you can see the bubble shot above may look a quite dirty to you, but if you want to see what single screen kief looks like check this out. A pretty huge difference wouldnt you say.

peace
    Bubble man

Default a few melt shots

well this is trickier than it looks, but i managed to grab a few melt shots. I guess with the macro its not as good an idea to pack a big bowl, i think with a much smaller hit i will get way better shots. WHen the hash started to boil and bubble, it grew to much in size, and made for a very difficult focus. Still the parts that are focused show the quality so i will put them up here in my macro thread.

Peace
    Bubbleman