Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trichocereus pachanoi

Default Trichocereus pachanoi

Here is my little T. pachanoi that I picked up at Home Depot a little while back. San Pedro is the fastes growing cacti reaching upwards of 18inches a year. It's just my little house plant basically. I don't give it any special treatment just let it chill in front of the window so not ecatly the best grower you have ever seen. In full sun that lighter green that you see should turn a very dark coloration. I just wanted to toss up a quick pic for those that did not know what it looked like. Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images

its actually pretty common, anytime you see a cacti if has six sides, its san pedro....cool post schroooom

You know what guys. I was actually looking around at some stuff and came to the realization that what I am showing is not Trichocereus. I think it a Cereus. Sorry it's been a few years out of practice. LOL
    I am going to go buy a real T. Pachanoi to show you all the difference and point out some common mis identification. THe differences should have been obviouse to me, but I have'nt grown Trichocereus in probably 8 years, so common mistake. Peace

sog army is offline Whole Plant Hash Maker : clear dome hash maker

Here is a homey depot cactus i scored in the summer time where i live.. I always kinda thought it was a special cactus... What variety is this?

Thanks alot

IT looks like the blue mytrle Myrtillocactus geometrizans

its def more columnar than that kind of cactus..

here is a pic of Myrtillocactus geometrizans, not my pic but borrowed it off of another web site. Tere are lots of pics of Trichocereus pacahnoi on the internet. THe reason I am saying what you are showing is not pachanoi is because along the ridge there are dips between the arelos. Pachanoi doesn't have those little dips. Also the arelos are positioned slightly upward with pachanoi and generally the top is slightly more narrow than the stock below, kinda egg shaped if you will. Now I looked at more pics of Mrtillocactus and your spines don't match. How many spines does yours have per aelo?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by schrooomy420; 12-21-2007 at 12:19 AM.

u were right schroomy.. that last pic is a spitting image of my cactus thanks for the ID ..

Also, any ideas on where i could get some pedro, locally? to grow around the house?

a lot of places that carry cactus will have pedro's

been found at lowes, home depot.. etc

Wink

Echinopsis Pachanoi
    Common Name(s): San Pedro Cactus
    Synonym(s): Trichocereus Pachanoi

Paz y mas...
    PIPE HITTERS UNION - KNOW YOUR ROLE - JOIN THE UNION