Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powdery mildew?

Hey guys I have a quick question if I have PM but very little of it and I make my room very dry will it eliminate it? also does the cold dry help more than hot dry?
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

Cool moist temps during the dark period fosters the growth of PM. Just drying it out may prevent PM, but won't cure it if you already have an outbreak, you need to treat that shit with something.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

^^^ what YBG. You definitely need to get on that. I always suggest going to the store as soon as u see the first speck, because usually there's more, and if not there will soon be more.

I'm not sure if the product has been mad available to CO yet, but check your local shop for Dr. DoRight's.

http://www.drdorights.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BigManNew View Post
    Hey guys I have a quick question if I have PM but very little of it and I make my room very dry will it eliminate it? also does the cold dry help more than hot dry?
    PM is systemic....
    what we see "as a white powder" is the fruit/bloom...
    sprays and treatment
    w/Neem/milk /sernade/Sulpher Vapes or sprays
    they ALL will help mask the fact U have PM...
    by creating a PH on the surface of the plant where PM can not Fruit/Bloom.

It is still inside the plant...

The only way I have been able to eliminate PM is this...
    treat a MOTHER of each strain
    with a Systemic Fungiscide
    this plant will now be PM free
    (But toxic)
    now....
    KILL ALL OTHER MJ PLANTS IN THE HOUSE
    so after 3 weekly treatment of the Mothers
    and ALOT of cleaning in the Grow area
    Remove ALL carpet if there is any in the room
    and paint everything w/KILZ...weither U use Mylar/panda or w/e still paint the grow...Spores R evil.
    Spray/Rinse ALL fans,Ducts and vents w/H2O2
    Now take cuts from these PM free mothers
    Veg them,until they R large enuff to take cuts,
    then take cuttings
    (Keeping the 2nd gen non sprayed moms until the 3rd Gen. have rooted)
    Now we will have PM free stock to work with ...
    and we r 3 Gen's away from our Toxic Fungiside
    and PM free
    Good luck...and Happy growing
    "May the tric's Be with you"
    "I can not save the World Alone.....it's gonna take Atleast 3 of us'
    Gratefully Deadicated to the My Dogs, and My Lady Mari Jane.
    "Qui me amat,.....amet et Canus meum"

Default post by chimera from icmag

"Powdery Mildew (PM) is a systemic problem coming from within an infected plant. What you are seeing (the white powderey looking substance) on the leaves is the flowering body of the fungus- the hyphae live within the plant. By the time you can visually identify the problem it's already well established within the plant. No external treatment (like sulphur) can fix the problem.

PM proliferates in shaded and low-light areas of gardens where the humidity is raised; obviously countering these grow room conditions will slow the spread but it won't truly eliminate the fugus from the plants.

The same is true for sulphur applications; be it from a sulphur burner or from a solution such as Safer's Defender. Sulphur will prevent the growth of PM where it is present on the leaf, but the PM still exists within the plant.... not to mention sulphur applications negatively affect the taste of the final product; it seems to concentrate on the resins and an experienced or trained palate will always be able to tell if there was sulphur applied to the plants from how the hash smokes. I don't recommend using sulphur on vegging for flower or flowering plants

There is a product called Meltatox that is designed for application on ornamentals which gets into the plant and actually kills the PM. You should not spray this on plants that are going to be put into flower, or are in flowering. However, IMO it can safely be used to treat your veg state plants to eliminate the PM from your stock. I would suggest waiting at least 4 weeks before taking clones to be put into a veg/flower cycle.

Of course the MSDS is available online and anyone considering using the product should completely read the label instructions to inform themselves about the factors involved, how to properly spray and what precautions to take, the product half-life, etc before considering using.

It does work IME, and can be used as a part of a integrated approach that not only deals with eliminating all traces of spores from the growroom, but also removing the fungus from the plants themselves. Having either infected plants OR a spore infected growroom will ensure the problem persists as one will infect the other.

I would remove the plants, clean the room with industrial greenhouse cleaner, and use a sulphur burner before putting the plants back in the room. Then separately cut back the mothers and sterilize with Meltatox. If the plants are for consumption I'd then wait a month before getting back on schedule to take clones and veg out for the next crop... any remaining Meltatox in the plants would be negligible.

This product is not for everyone and is not safe to spray on flowering plants for consumption. I only recommend it's use to those that will use it responsibly and make themselves aware of the MSDS information available before choosing to use it.

-Chimera"

good luck

Thanks for all the advice
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

is bad for healthy smoke weed with PM?
    Change false friend for serious enemy.

Save whales and kill goverment people

we have more goverment people than whales in the world.

Is weird for me icmag get older his bodys and everyday are more kids his minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1y...eature=related

Saved the whales , kill the italian