Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnnyballbag's custom 4000w control box

Default Johnnyballbag's custom 4000w control box

Some pics of the custom 4-light controller box with integrated timer and some seriously meticulous workmanship. This piece weighs about 25 pounds and makes the store-bought controller boxes look like toys. . .

Individual breakers to provide the ultimate in safety, because this box will serve for a medical grow that I am consulting for. I will be checking on it once every 7-10 days and so I wanted the box to be safe, first and foremost.

Johnny told me this thing should last a lifetime and I believe him! No moving parts in the entire box beside the hinges.

This is the way to go if you want to sleep soundly knowing that your high voltage electrical gear is connected to a solid unit that will not break or overheat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice work m8 very pro. cant do nough for peace of mind/safety, jus me tho, I woulda bushed the holes with wires goin through to sockets, dont like sharp edges an wirin passin, seems like nough clearance but tis medical an least worries is go.

mozz

p.s. i dont see any earth wires so i guess hole box is grounded
    Last edited by oldmanmozz; 01-26-2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: FMB
    Before you ever make fun of an old person, consider that the alternative to old is, not old...
    and the only way to achieve not old, is not good

Hope ya like it LC, had fun with it. Let me know if you ever wanna get REALLY crazy...i'm talkin motion-activated proximity sensors that'll set off a high pitched buzzer inaudible to humans that'll make your pitbull guard dog take out any would-be intruders like a fat girl in dodge ball! Mhm...haha.

fuckin nice, way to go!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    fuckin nice, way to go!
    Thanks mane. If you ever need an automated machine to trim those cute 'lil colas of yours....fuck a TrimPro, I'M your man!
    Haha, just kiddin holme. You know i have cola envy...haha.

so some shut off when the other turn on...more info on the setup please

Yeah oldmanmozz, the circuitry was so simple i didn't really color code the wiring. The sockets you see are 3 prong, and @240V that means the 3 wires running to them are 2 hots and a common. The common is tied into the ground bus at the main breaker panel where his house gets power. It's all grounded and safe. As far as the holes go, i ran out of grommets and decided to use the one i had left for the hole where the power runs into the controller, seeing as that's a potential load bearing point. Being a wall mount unit with no external controls, your hands won't be anywhere near that point. Had a time crunch on it and a firm budget, but i think it turned out nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyballbag View Post
    Yeah oldmanmozz, the circuitry was so simple i didn't really color code the wiring. The sockets you see are 3 prong, and @240V that means the 3 wires running to them are 2 hots and a common. The common is tied into the ground bus at the main breaker panel where his house gets power. It's all grounded and safe. As far as the holes go, i ran out of grommets and decided to use the one i had left for the hole where the power runs into the controller, seeing as that's a potential load bearing point. Being a wall mount unit with no external controls, your hands won't be anywhere near that point. Had a time crunch on it and a firm budget, but i think it turned out nicely.

cheers m8, time an budget, where have i heard that before?
    but yes tis very neat setup, well done.

Mozz
    Before you ever make fun of an old person, consider that the alternative to old is, not old...
    and the only way to achieve not old, is not good

good shit man, looks nice

Thanks for checkin it out and for the input ya'll. I love building shit. I just got tired of what companies sell their shit for, and what they stuff in it. You could drive nails with that thing, without disrupting the timing cycle. This was about as simple as it gets though, nothing but a beefed the fuck out timer box (with control over each light individually.)