Thread: '91 Malibu Fire Smoke Report

Threaded View

Default '91 Malibu Fire Smoke Report

Picked this up at Green Angel in Malibu, a very well stocked dispensary with friendly staff, located in one of the most beautiful places you can visit. This sampled looked nice but the pics they posted online looked even nicer. The bud tender recommended this one so I picked up a sample of it along with a few other varieties. Sadly this sample had been infected with powdery mildew, but all of the others appeared to be relatively free of contaminates, aside from that on with the review:

This was a great smelling 91 hybrid, with a strong pungent odor with a slight hint of something floral, I was expecting a much heavier stone to it, but after repeated use I just never found what I was looking for. The effects of this one are average at best for a 91 hybrid, not too much of the face warming high that is associated with a strong 91. So far, imho, the chem 91 is just a few steps below the chem4 in terms of in your face potency, both are nice but once you have the stronger variety it is difficult to find a reason to go back.

The calyx on this one are quite a bit smaller than other 91's I have sampled, and about a quarter of the trichomes on those calyx are missing glands - either from mechanical removal or lack of prdocution all together. The heads that remain are a mix of white and clear in color with a handful of amber ones scattered about.

The flavor of this one was low to average, there was not as much of a strong chem flavor as I was expecting, this could be due in part to the lower calyx to leaf ratio or the fact that it might not have been properly cured.I believe it was improperly cured due to some of the powdery mildew and mold that was on the leaves, however that has little effect on flavor. A big part of a strains flavor is the ability to retain the essential oils in the resin head, since these had a reduced number of trichome heads it will also have a reduced flavor.

When its all said and done this is an avergae chem to start out with, but if your looking for that all out potency and effect you will need to continue on your search
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sauron the Blue; 01-28-2009 at 04:03 PM.