Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple Kush bubble

Default Purple Kush bubble

Hey guys haven't posted to much because I have just been reading about bubble info. My friend finally got a hold of some bags and trim so he did his first run and I thought I should share some of the end results with you guys to see what you think. The bubble is good and some of it is in fact full melt, but I have a question about his methods. He told me that after it was chopped up on cardboard for a day that he put it on the cardboard in the freezer. Wouldn't that just freeze the water into the bubble? He said he read a thread about "cryogenic hash" on another forum but I have been reading on this forum for a while and haven't seen anything of the sort. Although I have also heard that freezers suck the moisture out whats in it(not sure if that's true though). In anycase to my understanding you should lightly press the bubble on the pressing screen with a paper towel. Then you should chop it up finley and let it dry for atleast 3 days. then put it in a glass jar and let it sit for a bit. I beleive bubble is suppose to harden up when it is not heated by the warmth of your hand or a flame, but this bubble is quite plyable without very much heat needed. It makes me think that there is still some water left in it, so I better use it before it gets moldy since he already pressed it all. I will have to get some melty pics up a littler later. This pictures are a mix of the 25 and 73 micron.

Justice has different meanings to all. For me it is the same as karma. One gets what one deserves. Treat people how you wanted be treated. Fill your mind and soul with positive energy. That is my Justice.

lookin good, and justice for all!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Looks good man, but it's definitely wet. Chop it up if you can(harder to chop up when its like that)(looks gooey which will be tough to chop but still can be done, and will also take longer to dry), next time chop it up immediately, makes things so much easier and leave it on the cardboard, the freezer isn't needed. I use packaging cardboard, works awesome. Bubble on!!
    Last edited by smokiyee; 02-02-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Looking good, looks like there may be some plant matter in there though, but looks great for a first run. I'd chop it up then leave it on cardboard for two days. Don't forget to cover the cardboard enough to keep out duct, and hair but not enough to slow airflow. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply's. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to break it up but wallah I did and now I will get a much better smoke. here are some pictures for you guys
    edit: I meant to write 73 on the cardboard but I have been smoking bubble all day haha.

Last edited by justiceman; 02-03-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: meant to write 73 on the cardboard
    Justice has different meanings to all. For me it is the same as karma. One gets what one deserves. Treat people how you wanted be treated. Fill your mind and soul with positive energy. That is my Justice.

Nice quote man, and the bubble looks great now, let it dry a bit, i went a week but that's probably over-kill. Is it FMCD or just fmb. Enjoy!!

Its just FMB. Is the best way to get FMCD by doing a short 8 minute run? I know it depends on the strain as well, and obviously if you do a longer run or not. I bet FMCD shows up more with fresh trim instead of dry trim? tried to get some Full Melt pics but one handed plus my shitty camera couldn't quite cut it so I will have to get ahold of my friends camera as its more up to date.

To put it simply, yes most of the hash connoisseur's out there will do a 5 minute run(1 run only for the best heads), I personally do 2 runs, first run 7 mins, 2nd, about 10 11 minutes and it's still a bit melty even for second run. FMCD depends on alot of variables, strain being one, trim quality, when the plant was cut, grower, outdoors or IN, etc... it's a science for sure. Most, if not all will tell you fresh trim frozen immediately is the way to go, I don't have that privilege, but you can still get some awesome hash with dry trim if done correctly. Also, I just stir medium, the first time I did this crappy material, I went too long, and too hard of a stir(don't try to beat the material up, your looking for a nice clacking sound with bubbles, nothing more), I didn't get green material, but quality was mediocre which is not what I'm looking for. Let us know how it smokes when dry. PE@CE!

i got FMB, but what does FMCD stand for?

Full Melt Clear Dome,

When heat is applied to the resin it forms into large clear domes. You can find a picture by browsing around here.