Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Grow

Question First Time Grow

Ok, so virgin grower here. Started my first grow and now have had a 4 x 1000w light setup running since December. My first babies were supposed to be purple kush.

Now I am around 40days into flowering and the buds are starting to smell. They have a sweet aroma closer to grapefruit buds than the dank smell that most kush strains have. I am only talking about my memory of the smell of cured buds becuase this is all I know. Also there are no deep purples in the leaves like I see in some pictures on here.

I guess my question is, what do you think I'm growing in these pictures? It would be nice to know, so I can figure out how long to go before I start to flush.

Regards,

IamStoned
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like you are growing female cannabis plants.
    No but seriously, what do you mean when you say "supposed" to be Purple Kush?
    Did the person who sold you the clones say they were purple kush? if so then best bet is they are purple kush.
    The real smell of dryed cured cannabis is hard to picture when smelling fresh live cannabis.
    I would say that it would almost be impossible to tell the strain by just looking at it, you can get an idea of lineage usually if you really know you cannabis plant strains. Maybe someone else on here knows something i dont.

Anyways it looks fucking stellar man, car to elaborate on what substrate it was grown in? what nutes used.

I would say to start flushing it around week six because it looks more indica dominant and indicas tend to finish in the 8-9 week period.

Good luck!

the lights look like metal halide, not to sound patronizing, but i suggest high pressure sodium for flowering.
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Congrats for poppin your cherry. Looks good

Thanks for the replies!

Evac: I think the soil was some sort of promix. I've been using the General Hydro three part with some kool bloom, rizo, grozyme, ect... My fingers are crossed that it turns into some killer purple kush. I think I'll start flushing in a couple more days.

Razz: I've read some of your posts on here. You know your stuff. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will check the light situation out. I was going to be replacing them each cycle, so couple of weeks and I'll be shopping for new ones.

RooRripRoadie: Thanks bro!

Peace All,
    IamStoned

actually....MH grown bud had its own quality's that can sometimes out-weigh needing a HPS...

....but if you CAN upgrade i would mix the HPS and MH in your grow room. nothing wrong with that.

possibly in the mean time you could get some red spectrum florescent light strips to surround your buds...even when you throw the lights under the canopy and get the bottom sides of the leaves lit..they will love you back even more in the end..bottom line is they need a fuller spectrum of light energy

just my 2cents of course maby even a penny if that

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy1414 View Post
    ....but if you CAN upgrade i would mix the HPS and MH in your grow room. nothing wrong with that.
    I have read about people doing this. The problem I see is I have four lights in a 2x2 grid. Each light has a coverage area that I have stuffed plants under. Now if I mix my lights (I picture 2 MH and 2 HPS each on diagonal from the other one to keep my 2x2 grid) won't some get the MH coverage, and others get the HPS coverage. I know that the light will spill out, but I still only picture half getting one type of light and the other half getting the different type of light. Am I visualizing this wrong?

Also I like the idea of adding red flourecents, but a think I am pushing my luck with hydro as it is...

IamStoned

damn man...you are truly dedicated!!! respect for sure

well the footprint of HID lights so pretty large...i see what your saying tho...some plants will get more MH light than HPS light and vise-versa...you can counteract that by switching the plants location in the room every week or so..

it is more work...but you can see the work you put into them at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy1414 View Post
    i see what your saying tho...some plants will get more MH light than HPS light and vise-versa...you can counteract that by switching the plants location in the room every week or so..
    Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I already move them around a lot. When they don't drink enough, they get shuffled.

So I am just going into week 7 and I think it is time to flush. I'll share one last set of picture with everyone before I flush and wack them down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok good looking stuff man! you are on a path to success! nice job

one thing...make sure you keep em in the dark 5-7 days before you chop them down....when you keep em in the darkness like that right before you chop em is because it thinks its dying...its a mature bud and it attempts to use all that green leaf energy into the buds to make it survive...in the end you get more potent nugget.

but you seem to have studied your shit so this is already old news to you by now I bet

keep growin' brotha