Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Time Grow

Haha. So you "held down" two grows. So how many times have YOU attempted it? I mean come on dude, you even had Bubbleman, the owner of this site, (ya know, the one who provides you with a place to post such stupid shit) even politely suggested that you don't post dumb shit. Yet you persist. Why? Because you're an idiot? Is that why? Hmmmm?

harm???? ok im done with all this funny biz....you guys can do what yall want. in the end...theres dank bud to smoke..party on

thank you god, buddah, allah, and and all the others high above for what's his name being done with all this funny biz!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Amen to that. And i never to meant shit on your thread iamstoned, quite the opposite. Your shit already looks better than Colt45 (wasn't that his name?) could ever think about sneaking to grow in his parents house. Yeah thats right.

hahahahahahahha!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

lol, I love how this turned into some crazy thread! I am excited about my first go. So far the advice I've followed is paying off. Things look really good. People are saying it looks like 3-4 lbs. I'm trying not to start counting chickens.

I won't be leaving them in the dark for 5+ days... but books I have read, and advice from friends has been to cut them down in the morning after the 12 hours of dark, and before the light comes on. Basicly, on the last day, remove the on switch from the timer, and then cut them down when you get there. I don't remember the exact reason, but it was something like, at night the plant doesn't drink. At night the liquids in the plant drip down into the pot. When the light comes on, the plant starts to drink, so the idea is to cut it at the base before it gets a chance to suck up anything else.

I know this is exactly the opposite of Razz. I think it probably makes little difference, and this is why people have polar ideas on this topic.

I have been doing an aggresive flush. We are experimenting with some new ideas that seem to have cut my friends flush time from two weeks down to one.

Razz: I checked my bulbs, they were HPS. The white balance was probably tweeked on the pictures. I am thinking (on my next go) of getting some hortilux bulbs and mixing them with the HPS. Apparently the hortilux blubs cover more than the MH bulbs spectrum.

BubbleMan: Thanks for looking at the pictures. I would like to be taking shots like you one day. These were the best I could get out of my lenses.

Actually I read an article in High times by Jorge Cervantes talking about leaving in a dark cycle before harvesting but he did not go in to detail about its effectiveness. Only he knew some people tried it. It was the same issue were you Bubble man was published asking some yield questions using the hydro garden and some white widdow. I would not risk it though unless I had a very large system down and could afford to try it on a plant or two. Peace

like i said, cut down after a full 12 light cycle. your friends dont know shit on the topic.
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

I found the magazine article. It was in a high times beginers guide. They said that during daylight the plant draws starch and salt from the roots up into the plant. These are what we are trying to flush out because they taste bad and burn black. The article said at night these starches and salts drain into the roots. Therefor if you wack them down before the light hits them, you should get better burning bud.

However, I don't know shit on the topic. All I can do is read, and get advice.

Razz: What is the reason for cutting down at the end of a light cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    Hennesy, what an idiotic suggestion.... keep them in the dark for a week? You ARE killing them in a detrimental way by doing that. I think maybe you want to not water or feed them for the last few weeks too? And put them in a vacuum? You want to deprive them of light? Why not food water and air as well?

IamStoned, value Razz's advice, ignore 90% of what Hennessy1414 advises. If you dont believe me, ask Razz. Have a look through the gallery photos and posts by Hennessy1414, and then Razz, and then me. You have more photos of growing cannabis than he does. Razz and I (and others here) have galleries and posts full of thick lush cannabis, nice hash, ect. If you would rather take advice from someone with no demonstrated experience with growing or hashmaking who comments on everything anyway, then Hennessy1414 is your guy.

MH is good for veg and the first week or 2 of flower only, after that HPS is better for finishing the crop. Whenever you start the flush, be sure to do it for a week minimum, 2 is better for a good flush.

After all this growing, we are going to want to see some hash shots too
    damn get fuckin taxed on!!!
    they like ranch i dip