Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MACRO shots of Dry Sift with the bubblebox

"Now this particular plant matter is krush, and was already bounced a bit, so that is why some heads are obviously missing."

It would be nice to see the same above pictorial with carefully handled unkiffed bud..but hey, you work what you have, not what you'd like to have.

but anyway, as you know...you can try dry sifting plant material that hasn't been previously bounced over a screen or transported in a plastic bag and the end result will be much purer

I'd guess that the resin heads on the outside of the bud (the ones that gets squashed and wasted on the inside of plastic bags or wiped off by careless handling of the live plants or dry(ing) buds) are the best....but that's just an observation...so it's extremely important to make sure these outer trichomes are not damaged in any way from early flowering all the way until dry sifting the material ..then store it in a cool place sealed glass for at least a month or two to attain maximum taste, high and potency

maybe all trichomes are equal..it's just that those outer resin heads detach and fall through the mesh with a minimal amount of contaminant just seem better?....anyway, keeping that in mind, it's best to set the first shake high quality resin aside ...then re-work the material again for quantity.

another point to note with dry sifting is that it is alot easier to try and prevent contaminants from falling through with the resin than it is to try and remove them later...even with 3 meshes, that's why it's good to firstly do a run for purity, then a separate run to get all the remaining resin heads

the best advice is to initially use a gentle action on chilled material in a room with low RH..and of course to monitor your progress with a magnifying glass.

the next version of the Bubble Box needs a 20x or 30x mag glass (magnification is the kiffer's friend!), magnets to connect the 3 screen frames and collection plate together (so they all can be lifted out of the box in one action) and a lower cost version of the Bubble box made from a less expensive wood and not as fancy finish for those who need a working box (or just sell the frames separately?)

"I'm definitely perplexed by the difference in the purity of dry sift vs. bubble. makes me think I need some bags before the box hehe"

bubble hash is cleaner but with many strains, the process rinses away substances that give the high character, depth and complexity as well as rinses away the flavors that are found in triple sifted hash (and yeah sure..... there are some strains if stirred for a minimum time retain some of the flavors...but these strains would taste even better if dry sifted)

and another thing I like about dry sifting and the Bubble box is that you can dry sift some bud and be smoking some nice melty resin in just a few minutes.......I'd be smoking kif before you even got back from buying ice! ..you can drysift enough for just a few pipes ..or run ounces through the 3 meshes

happy dry sifting
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 06-10-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................