Thread: find p. mildew before you can see it

Default find p. mildew before you can see it

Hey ya'll, found a lil weapon in spotting powdery mildew. This might be common knowledge to some, but i've never had it before so this is new to me. And with this i've found powdery mildew before it was really visible to the naked eye, viewed under normal room lighting and hps lighting. I have this small cheap LED flashlight. It seems to throw out a nice white/slightly blue light that just seems to make PM stick out almost like lint does in a blacklight (remember those?). I've found tiny lil specs of it that i seriously could not see without that flashlight. I don't have the largest grow in the world, modest at best with 30 plants under 2k, but that little flashlight has seriously probably been the number one thing that's kept my grow from going to shit. Definitely helps to be able to clip off affected areas ASAP to limit spreading. Oh and another thing, as long as you don't have your lights slammed onto your canopy, you should still be able to see the PM with the flashlight while the HID's are on. It's like PM radar. Hope this can help someone out!

Cool tip, and it does work...thanks man.

Default scope

Most of the good hand-held plant scopes come with a white LED light so they don't discolor the trichomes under magnification, you gave me a second use for it now, spotting the dreaded powdery mildew! Thanks

Hope no one has to use this trick, but if so it def helps you spot shit you wouldn't otherwise see. It almost sucks though. You scan your plants up and down, and see nothing. Then you bust out the light, and your heart sinks when you see tiny lil patches. But at least it'll help you spot it super early.

Great advice! This could save someone big bucks.

yes, the war against the dreaded powdery mildew has many weapons..this is a neat little trick and thanks for the tip!
    I had it going back awhile ago, used everything I could get my hands on including a sulphur burner. Nothing worked. I ended up gutting the room, vacuum vacuum vacuum, spraying with sulphur, painting oil based Killz over that and spraying again so the Killz was "embedded" with sulphur. Everything was painted. Floor, walls, ceiling.
    Powdery gone, end of story..hope this helps someone!

eagle 20 is the only cure.

i think purple/blue led may be better for pm?

jus 2 cents...could be totally wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Phillthy View Post
    eagle 20 is the only cure.

umm, no....