Thread: Why Bubblebags? My views and questions

Threaded View

Default Why Bubblebags? My views and questions

Hi, I'd like to get a few questions answered.

There's some article on the Cannabis Culture website from an old issue that said something basically to the tune of "bubbleman did a demonstration with his bags and a set of those from his competitors and got almost double the yield with his own." I couldn't find it when I looked for it again, but I'm curious if this is true. As I see it, properly fine silk screen is properly fine silk screen, and one set is going to be exactly the same as any other in terms of making product. Is this true? If it is, and you can give me a good reason, I'd probably buy your system.

There are many guides online to make ice water hash with basically nothing, and the process does work very well. Place frozen trim in a jar filled with cold water and cubes, shake vigorously for 5 to 10, put through fine enough mesh to seperate out plant material but not catch trichs, and allow that sieved water to sit for at least 1/2 hour. Trichs will fall to bottom - water is siphoned off, decanted off, evaporated with a light, sucked out with a syringe, etc.. This returns basically the same weight as you would get with the bubblebag systems, except its all in one big pile or mixed sized heads and some negligable vegetable matter. If I'm wrong, which I may well be, then tell me.

I bought 20 dollars worth of silk screen (150 micron and 100) - so I've been doing the above, but then running it through my loose, vegetable-screening mesh, then the 150 (yielding a small amount, purifying the rest, and seperating it out), then pouring the water again through the 100 (doing it again, better grade), and then letting all the smaller heads (all trichs smaller than 99 microns) evaporate off as described above. So I get 3 grades, of which the 100micron and 99>X which are pretty damn good.

Why is the bubblebag system better? For all I know there's a damn good reason I haven't considered thusfar, and would like to know.
    Last edited by bonapartist; 12-21-2007 at 12:12 PM.