Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding season has begun , lets see your pics!!!

Default Snowboarding season has begun , lets see your pics!!!

Hey guys, figured i would start a snowboarding/skiing thread here in the wild life forum. My local mtn whistler/blackcomb has opened and i've managed to get up for a couple of days. Opening day was great, tons of people showed up
    the mountain was well covered in snow

The whistler local musicians were even at the roundhouse playing it up while we ate

The whistler roundhouse is realy sweet, wood beams, super comfy, great food
    As you can see the snow was fairly deep for the first day. not something all resort mtns can brag about ...

a few more shots of the mtn and the chairlift going up

that was my first day up ^^ opening day.

peace

Bubbleman

Nice pics bman..

Sometimes I like to hit the powder in the pines and aspens.. here's a shot of some back country

Last edited by GMJoker; 11-29-2007 at 05:09 AM.

Day two on the mtn, i have to say was much more epic than day one> I waited almost a week for the snow to fall> checking the webcams and snow reporst which you to can do here

WEBCAMS: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/cams/index.htm

SNOWREPORTS: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/wea...port/index.htm

it was just yesterday and the mtn got 14cm's of freshies, and not a cloud in the sky, i have to say these are some of my best shots of whistler yet. I will try and remember where each shot was taken to give you some idea if you know whistler mtn.
    A nice dusting even on the way up to whistler, this shot was taken just north of squamish about thirty minutes from whistler
    This one i took from the whistler village gondola, about half way up. Thought the clouds sitting below the sky looked beautiful
    This one is from Big red chair, one of my favorites on whistler mtn to snowboard under. its out of bounds but its worth every second of it.
    THe back view of red chair while sitting on the chair.
    Harmony bowl as seen from roberts
    also harmoney bowl backside as seen from roberts on whistler mtn
    my view looking up from where i sast to smoke my first bowl oh wait my second oh no it was my third, errr fourth........... nevermind i smoked a bowl here
    Looking down at my board, pretty steep little spot
    blackcomb mtn view
    another shot of blackcomb from whistler close up styles
    black tusk as seen from the entrance to symphony bowl off harmony
    talk about a blue bird day, with fresh powder, does it get any better than this???
    little tea house on the top of the mtn, good for a quick treat or a hot chocolate
    top of harmony bowl chair lift behind me from where i took the pics
    black tusk at a distance
    black tusk up close

well thats all for now, i should be hitting the mtn again soon, plus our local mtns cypress, seymour and grouse are due to open by friday, so keep an eye out guys, peace

Bubbleman

Nice pictures. Makes me wish I lived somewhere with better skiing. Whistler is in my top 5 favorite places to go. Bubbles, you sure are lucky to have such a wonderful place as your local spot. My only complaint with Whistler/Blackcomb is that when the fog rolls in it rolls in thick to the point where you can't see your hand in front of your face. BUt hey small price to pay, just make sure you don't go hucking off a hundred foot cliff without seeing it coming.

Jeeze those are some really stunning pictures! Makes me want to go snowboarding!

went up again yesterday, but man was it cold. not much freshies, but still worth the trip
    woke up to go today, but found out im on santa's breakfast duty> ALas, 16 cm's of fresh snow on the mtn, i guess i will have to hear about it from some friends.

Peace
    Bubble man

Amazing. Bman, ill not soon forget those shots.

puff puff!

those are really beautiful pictures bubbleman! i was just talking with a friend whose going up to whister in a couple weeks...i showed him these pictures..and he really liked em!

I will be going tomorrow to my local hill Hochy-brig.
    the weather is supposed to be good so hopefully i'll be able to get a few shots.

Have some sage and some lui joints rolled. Hoch in german means high