Thread: New to Hash and have some ?'s

Default New to Hash and have some ?'s

Hello I have been thinking of getting some bubble bags and was looking for some input.
    I was wondering when you make the hash do you use fresh or dry clippings? With the 1 gal. bags do you use a larger bucket to do it in? Like a 3 gallon bucket? becouse 8 bags looks like it would take up alot of room. Also how many oz.'s of plant clippings would I be able to process with the one gallon system? Finally when the hash is dry can it be pressed back into a ball?
    I am very new to Hash and dont mean to sound stupid but I will.
    Thanks guys for any helpful hints.

Hey MyR1, dont ever feel bad asking questions mon, that is how we learn.
    NOw let me see if i can't answer them for you in order.

YOu can use fresh or dry clippings, however i suggest whatever you use, try to keep it in the freezer till your running it.With the 1 gallon bags, its quite hard to find a one gallon bucket, most use a 2 gallon bucket to mix.THe 8 bags will fit nicely.
    You can run 56grams of material at a time in the one gallon bags.
    Once you dry your hash, if its a good quality you will easily be able to hand press a nice ball> However if its lower quality you will need to use either heat or pressure, or both> to press the hash properly. I personaly leave mine in powder, as thats a much easier way to smoke it and truly it smokes much nicer in a bowl when powdered compared to pressed.

Hope that helps

Peace
    Bubble man

Well thank you very much for the info! What would you recommend is best in the way of clippings Fresh or Dried?

Default I am also new to hash

I am thinking about getting a set of bags but have a few questions. Which grade is the best? I watched the YouTube hasbean cup video where bman makes a batch of hash fresh for all to see. In the vid he says it's all about the 90. then he added 90, 110, and 73 were his top 3. Does that mean I could get away with buying only the 220, 160, 110, 90, and 73? Is the 25 just the trash? I also watched the 8 step how to by the guy in Jamacia on YouTube and he made it sound like 25 was the best. So I am a bit confused. Or maybe that was the big hit of Angie's #1 I just took. Thanks for any help in adavance i am excited to try this out!

220µ 190µ 160µ 120µ 90µ 73µ 45µ 25µ

The screens sort the gland heads by size. The "sweet spot" for the hash depnds on a couple of factors, strain being the most important. Personal taste being another.

I have some random kush growing and the sweet spot is definately the 90µ, lotta indica in it. But the 'better' hash starts at 120µ and goes right thru to 45µ. The 25µ is still smokeable, in fact next to some other hashes it is bomb. But next to that 90µ for comparison... you see what I mean?

Sativas will tend to have more smaller heads, and the sweet spot will tend to move to the 73µ and 45µ bags. These are only guidelines, as each individual set of genetics is unique, as are the taste and effect that each person are looking for. You need to try a strain to find out how it performs.

I use the lower grades for cooking or rolling into joints or giving to friends who are broke with no smoke.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Thanks for the info that helps a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    220µ 190µ 160µ 120µ 90µ 73µ 45µ 25µ

The screens sort the gland heads by size. The "sweet spot" for the hash depnds on a couple of factors, strain being the most important. Personal taste being another.

I have some random kush growing and the sweet spot is definately the 90µ, lotta indica in it. But the 'better' hash starts at 120µ and goes right thru to 45µ. The 25µ is still smokeable, in fact next to some other hashes it is bomb. But next to that 90µ for comparison... you see what I mean?

Sativas will tend to have more smaller heads, and the sweet spot will tend to move to the 73µ and 45µ bags. These are only guidelines, as each individual set of genetics is unique, as are the taste and effect that each person are looking for. You need to try a strain to find out how it performs.

I use the lower grades for cooking or rolling into joints or giving to friends who are broke with no smoke.

YBG
    wish i had you as a friend haha