Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Outdoors in 2009

Default Growing Outdoors in 2009

Well all you lucky cannabis growers who get to use the great outdoors as your growroom, the season is upon us (in the northern hemisphere at any rate) when many start turning their thoughts and plans to the upcoming outdoor crop.

For those of us who don't, or can't grow outdoors, please share. Pictures, plans, considerations for grow sites, favorite soil preparation methods, water catchment methods, nutrients and feeding schedules, stealth and security measures, plant selection, seed or clone, best strains for outdoors, (anything else I left out)........ all of it.

I know that some superior outdoor cannabis is going to be produced this year, and it would be awesome to follow some crops from start to harvest to hash right here at FMB. So come on, which of you outdoor growers is the shiznit?

Looking forward to participants and pictures from any and all outdoor growers,

YukonBikerGuy
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Default Shantibabba's Top 10 Outdoor Grow tips

Lil BUMP.

Come on guys & gals, I know there are some awesome outdoor growers planning fantastic crops for this year's growing season, and there are always new outdoor growers planning thier first grow for this year. Please share.

For a quick start, I will post the top 10 outdoor grow tips from Shantibabba, written starting page 83 in issue #12 of Treating Yourself magazine, for details on these tips, the entire magazine is available as a pdf download here http://www.treatingyourself.com/dhtml/issues.php

Shantibabba's Top 10 Outdoor Grow Tips:

1) Select a seed or clone appropriate to your area's climatic conditions
    2) Find a suitable site for outdoor growing
    3) Choose whether to start from seed, seedling, or clone
    4) Prepare soil and add fertilizers needed to grow to flower
    5) Plan for watering, water catchment, and mulching
    6) Direct or indirect sunlight?
    7) Strategies for pests, plagues and predators
    8) Key rules for planting a plot
    9) Darkening or weatherproofing the plants during the final weeks
    10) Harvest, drying, and making good or average flowers into great product

The article in the magazine goes into much greater detail, and is at least some sort of leaping off point for outdoor newbies and perhaps contains a missing element for more experienced outdoor growers, and there are a few nice photos as well.

Comments? Corrections? Got better Outdoor advice? See something missing? Please, post it.

started last month!! ill post some pics of the greenhouse and outdoor spot in a few days. hada some camera probs, that why I aint posted any new shit lately.

Cool Evac, cant wait

BUMP.

Here is a good read for someone considering an outdoor cannabis garden:

http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/g...oors_guide.php

Happy reading my outdoor gardeners.

Nice thread imma start here inside in april then moveem outside in may.Im not doing anything special nor am i anything special i just really like outdoor. ill try and post when i start up
    Good luck everyone!!

Cool Willcookyou, looking forward to your contributions.

No body thinks new jersey is a great place to grow outdoors but i live in south jersey where its nothing but horse farms and corn for miles. i have my perfect little grow site and right now i got my seedlings going indoors. Got my A batch (the headiest shit) my B batch (still some real nice smoke) and of course my C batch (all the excess seed i know nothing of their origins) hope all goes well this year and I will try to keep updates going

by the way anyone have some good nutrients you can recommend?

Default st peppers

[quiote=YukonBikerGuy;16705]Well all you lucky cannabis growers who get to use the great outdoors as your growroom, the season is upon us (in the northern hemisphere at any rate) when many start turning their thoughts and plans to the upcoming outdoor crop.

For those of us who don't, or can't grow outdoors, please share. Pictures, plans, considerations for grow sites, favorite soil preparation methods, water catchment methods, nutrients and feeding schedules, stealth and security measures, plant selection, seed or clone, best strains for outdoors, (anything else I left out)........ all of it.

I know that some superior outdoor cannabis is going to be produced this year, and it would be awesome to follow some crops from start to harvest to hash right here at FMB. So come on, which of you outdoor growers is the shiznit?

Looking forward to participants and pictures from any and all outdoor growers,

YukonBikerGuy[/quote]i put a few out in the sun this morning in pots a rockwool block and vermilite water every couple of days/bring indoors of a nite/in a few weeks /hydro and a sodium .

will send a photo soon