Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Outdoors in 2009

Heres the start of the season for me. All are bag seeds with a few headies in there. Im in the closet for now still chilly outside.

Last edited by willcookyou; 04-23-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Looks like a great start to the season, lookin forward to following your progress. Thanks for sharing.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

i'm gonna clear some tree's make more sun, at my outdoor spot this week....plan on sinking huge pots in the ground(gophers)....prolly gonna do 12-15...i've started vegging the plants under a mh allready...gonna put em out end of may...

Nice, I was wondering about burying pots to keep them rootbound whilst enjoying the natural sinlight to force flowering, as I get nearly 24 hrs of light in the summer. By the time its 12 hrs of light, its too cold for plants to live outside. Or do you bury pots for a different reason?
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

i'd rather just stick straight in the ground...but we got gopher problems...so the easiest soution is to sink huge pots in the ground, the pots have holes cut into them, for the roots to get out of the pot, so rootbound isn't really an issue

start a little worm farm first,contain them and they will multiply with mulching, and your soil will be the best a worm can make--then a million will blow your plant tohights

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    i'm gonna clear some tree's make more sun, at my outdoor spot this week....plan on sinking huge pots in the ground(gophers)....prolly gonna do 12-15...i've started vegging the plants under a mh allready...gonna put em out end of may...
    Hey dude I had the same problem with gophers and i used 2 ground stakes(they have batterys and make a noise the little varmits hate)It worked for me anyway. Good luck!If you are sinking the pots ...be sure to use LOTS of perlite..Drainage is a must!Also I think too many people skip using LIME with their soil mix.Cheap insurance for a sucessful year. It will NEVER raise the ph over 7 so it helps keep things in balance. Good Luck and keep postin !!!

Party-on!!

Good and bad news. Good i will be moving south to start a career. Bad had to give my babies to a friend and will not get to see the outcome.

Heres some shots for the start of my grow.09 looks to be a great year.Trees go into ground in 2 weeks!!( if it doesnt SNOW)Will post more later...

Party -on!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i have to take some pics but something odd is happening. my crop is less than a foot high and is already flowering.

this worries me because once is starts flowering, isn't the vegetative state almost over thus stunting the plants growth?

I would hate for my plants to stop growing and just start flowering with them being less than a foot high. the yield will be awful. anyone have any idea's on what this is or what i can do?

Thanks