Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: indoor babies to outdoor plants?

Default indoor babies to outdoor plants?

hey FMB people,

I Have started to germinate my seeds and they have cracked and sprouted i am going away tommorow night (wensday) and im going for 5 days. i am in a bit of rush, i have some soil lying around im not to concerned about chemicals or ph levels but im concerned that after i plant the seeds and leave them under a light they will die. i planned to bring them to my buddies house and stick them under a long flourencent tube light, im planning to layer the top of the planter with sand because it reflects light, hopefully this works.(my friend has a plant vegging to be cloned) but when i return from my trip i hope my plants atleast one or two survive. how big would they be after 5 to six days? will i be able to grow them in basic plant pots with holes or will 5 gallon buckets be better? How ofter should i water the plants? When i Return im putting the plants out side on the side of a house i plan on putting black boards to attract light or mirrors to reflect it on my plant. will anything like that help?

somebody please help me out

Thanks

AmSta...

Thanks for the details on yer travel plans. LOL And your friend's plant ready for cloning was mentioned..... why? Seriously, if you want some help, try to be specific about what you want to know, and leave out the extra non required information.

Sand on top to reflect light? No. Reflecting and using all available light is something you do growing indoors, you dont have to worry about it outside, and the bottom of the leaves dont process the light anyway. Start your seedlings in small pots and gradually transplant up to larger sizes as needed. After 5-6 days they will be as big as they are, if they survive your week absence that is. Plants moving from inside to outside need to be gradually 'hardened off', or gradually exposed to full sunlight so they wont burn and die. Black attracts heat, not light, mirrors will tend to focus the sun to 'hot spots' on the plant and can result in burns, plus a big mirror on the side of your house, shining the sun onto a cannabis plant sounds like a major heat score. Water the plants when they need it, if you keep them too wet or too dry it will cause problems. Your small seedlings may require more attention than throwing them into 'some soil laying around' and comming back a week later.

You cannot run a grow on a calender. There is no way to say "at 1 week they will be 4 inches high, and require 285ml of water per 12 hrs", different cannabis plants grow differently from one another, and differently in different environments with different treatment.

From the nature of your questions, I would guess this is your first attempt at growing. Get some books on cannabis horticulture and READ. Ed Rosenthal and Jorges Cervantes are 2 authors for starters you may want to look into. Good luck with your growing.

YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 03-18-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: me spell gooooood
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Thanks for trying to make me look like an idiot, its my first time.

you were just beating around the bush no info id really use.

i got more info from "Bob Highs" outdoor comic special in the Cannabis Culture

I wasn't trying to make you look like an idiot. Sorry you took it that way. I actually answered the things you sort of asked about, and then gave you some additional suggestions. Perhaps if you think that a cartoon character can better answer your indirect 'sort-of' questions, you should stick with the cartoon advice. I don't know of any cartoon characters that post here though. Only growers and hashmakers. So sorry I even bothered to reply to your post with more than a "what exactly are you asking?"

Again, I wish you the best of luck in your growing endeavors.

YBG (non-cartoon character)

well first off bob high, is like marc emery's right hand man that works down at the cannabis culture headquarters and he simply drew a cartoon about basic outdoor growing, i have been reading all over this site (not that it has that much outdoor info to offer). and I saw that you knew a good amount about outdoors.

and i guess you thought it was funny, that i thought a cartoon would give such information about the sand and mirrors.

All I wanted was some guidence i wasnt asking to be mocked.

And guidance he most certainly did, I dont like to contribute to these forums wars. but seriously Amsta for your "stupid ass" question about going away for 5 days and wondering how big your plants would be. YBG answered in the most informive and nicest way possible, you should be thankful he even took the time, to post something to you IMHO. IF it where me answering i wouldnt have been half as nice n took half the time explain as he did.

I dont see how you feel he was mocking you ? if this isnt your first grow then i would have hated to seen how last years crop lookd. He pointed out the things u suggested that he felt wouldnt work.

If you wanna grow outside with mirrors, and sand from a cartoon go right a head, where not stopping you. good luck with the grow. and thanks YBG for the helpful info to all new growers.

Dread_head

Thank you Dread_head for the kind words. And if you happen to find anything I post helpfull, I am glad I could help.

sorry i wasted your precious time.

go read a different thread.

Dread_head, fuck yourself.

wow dude, if you wanted help from ybg thats not how i wouldve gone at it. The best part is he probably couldve helped you with what you wanted, but you freaked out and REALLY made yourself look like an idiot. Cool your jets.

You realize that what you asked is an impossible thing to answer, right? He, nor i, nor anyone else could even guess at what size your plants would be after 5 days. If you expect a serious response, ask a question that can be answered. Plus YBG did tell you about sand + black boards, like you asked him to. Reflective things are used indoors not out.
    Last edited by eastghost; 05-01-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Glass by: Toro, Zong, RooЯ, honalee and more.

amsta. you dont know shit about bob high and emerys right hand. stop being a jerkoff, people are trying to help you and you're being a dick! your 5 day get away is apparently more important than the seeds you planted, so go enjoy yourself, you wont get any more grow advise from us, try the pros over at ic mag, they're more like your kind of crowd, mostly pricks and premadonnas, jerks and jagoffs, just like you.!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!