Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubblehash FAQ

Talking

I am loving this site man I ran my first run the other night with a 5 gallon bucket full of various grades of trim.
    I unfortunately only had the 1 gallon 8 bag kit and improvised by using 40 lbs of ice and my max cold igloo cooler haha I am not sure if this is wise and unfortunately hadn't discovered these forums and the other weed forums were useless in answering my plea for if that would work. I am still waiting to be completely dry how do you know does it just crumble? It's in small lil chunks that i cut and layed out on the cardboard. Bubbleman kick ass bro I can't wait to get the bubble now and upgrade to the 5 gal bags. I want my weed to hurry up and dry and use some quality dry nuggets to run thru there haha couldn't help myself had to sample the hash and am blown away!

I mean I thought I knew everything about yah know weed and of course there was hash but after finding these forums I am just blown away at the possibilities...

Sorry for the ramble....you've opened my eyes brother and can't wait to dedicate future plants to all hash muhahaha!

Oh yeah, I'm letting the cooler just sit there because there was still a fair amount of ice and don't know if glands may be all in that shit so I am going to run it thru whenever that melts prolly like a fucking week with this damn max cold cooler!
    Last edited by Lovin2Melt; 05-19-2008 at 02:40 AM.

welcome to the Site Loving2melt, always happy to have another brethren join up. To answer your questions, as long as you have plenty of ice in your mixture you are good to go. that ensures a temp of around 4 or 5 degrees C. Perfect for water extraction.
    Drying bubble is a little difficult if you dont do the proper steps in the beginning. This is to NOT press the wet hash. Use the screen to help dab out some of the water. By closing it and using a shammy or towel on either side of the screen. gently dab out the water, and then you can pull the wet paddy out of the screen and place it on cardboard> if you left enough water in the paddy, it will crumble up and chop up nicely> the harder you press the wet paddy the more of a nightmare it will be to break up the chunks properly.
    Getting the bubble to dry is one of the most important steps and i would say many many people miss this step completely.
    Feel free to start a thread in the first bubblehash run forum.

Peace
    Bubble man

How long does it take to dry properly man? hell yeah i put it on the screen didn't know about the towel dabbing will do that next time and i broke it into small chunks should i get a knife and do it into powder? I mean it's a small amount.... heh I'll start one when i do the first run with the bubble run and 5 gal i plan on buying and running some of this power plant i'm drying hopefully will be kick ass just would love to have hash dry quickly as is possible because dry as fuck around here and wana get blasted off some full melt so wanna make sure i don't need chop in powder or something extrreme ... thanks bubbleman
    Last edited by Lovin2Melt; 05-19-2008 at 04:29 AM.

HOw long does it take to dry:

Bubble can take weeks to dry properly if you prepare it WRONG. it must be in tiny piece's, almost powder. As well as spread thin over the cardbard. this will dry properly in two to four days.
    But chunks, well thats a different story.....

Bubble man

I think climate affects drying style and time greatly. In the lower mainland and other moist coastal areas, you may need to get the hash almost powdered to effect proper drying. Where I live however is a semi-desert climate, its dry as hell here man. So just getting the hash broken up into relatively smallish chunks of no great thickness seems to be adequate for drying it on the cardboard.

My Dry Northern 2-cents
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

well, i have made bubble all over the world, from tropical regions to near freezing ones, and i can say that, humidity will affect your drying, but that is why the whole purpose of the cardboard is there. THe hash is NOT air drying. Its having its moisture pulled out from below by the cardboard and gravity. This is why you use cardboard, and if you dry bubble into smallish chunks, you will see by opening the chunk that its more moist and often a different colour inside. The hash itself can self seal itself, and really hold moisture in, in any climate. so always break your bubble up into powder, if you know whats good for you....

Bubble man

Some friends of mine have been working feverishly with a bubble now XL and a 4 bag set for weeks trying to achieve a melty bubble. Needless to say they have produced alot of fair hash but no fult melt and very little that will melt at all. They understand that it has alot to do with what strains they have to use.

My question is: if it doesn't melt is it still good? If it is still good how good? Does the melt really matter or is it more of an asthetic thing?

Oh yeah and I love this site Irie Eyez told me about the other day so I had to check it out.
    Peaz e