Thread: Dry Sift FAQ

Default Dry Sift FAQ

ok, so here's the thread to ask all the general questions you think everyone of us should know about dry sift hash

How do i make nice dry sift

There are a few different methods to producing nice melty dry sift. My definition of nice dry sift, is MELTY DRY SIFT. Multiple screens will give you the most control and effeciency .Using multiple screens, you can first extract the materials, and then using a second and even third screen, you can clean out the natural plant matter material out of the gland heads. The first screen will leave your plant matter on top and your gland matter underneath> Your second screen will push thru most of the material leaving large plant matter contaminants on top of it. The glands and cystolith hairs and capitate stalks will push thru to the next screen. we use a card to gently push the material thru> Swafting it back and forth over the screens. YOu can see this process done in my dry sift macro post here http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...read.php?t=147
    the macro photos realy show the levels of purity you can attain as you move thru each screen.

partB: you can also make some nice melty dry sift using a metal bowl and a freezer. Just gently shaking the bowl in a sub zero temperature, you will remove only the fattest most releasable heads. Now this is not a method for producing large amounts, but you can produce some nice melty hash.

why is dry sift tastier than bubble

Well dry sift is usualy going to be a fuller taste of the product you started with than water hash for one reason. The water solubles terpenes and terpenoids, are washed away in the water process. It is for this reason I will either mix a small portion of dry sift back into my bubble or , i will seek out strains that are loaded with alcohol soluble's than water soluble oils. These volatile oils are not lost in the dry sifting methods, but merely filled with a higher percentage of contaminant which usualy keeps them from melting into a liquid. When you get the hash that pure no matter what the method, you are going to experience a closer true flavour and high experience as the plant had intended.

I am interested in this metal bowl/freezer method. How much bud should I use? Is the bud the same when I take it out of the freezer? How long should I leave it in the freezer? Thanks as always!

Unfortunately, I live south of a certain border, where we don't have medical marijuana, which means that I'm limited in what I can bring in. Ergo, efficiency is important to me. Any thought as to whether the dry sift or the bubblebag/ice method is more efficient in terms of yield, etc. I've been using the bag method but am always interested in moving into new frontiers. Thanks, all!