Thread: First Run ?

Default First Run ?

Ok I purchased the Bubblenow and 8 bags.
    After I mix for 15 minutes do I have to stir between each bag??
    If I use fresh trim do I need to freeze it or just throw it in??

Thanks Dale

High there Dale,

Congrats on the purchase, with that equipment you will be smoking good bubblehash in no time.

15 minutes is a long mix, you will get the most weight, but the least potent hash (due to more contaminant in the longer mixed hash) Some folks on here only mix for a 3 minute run, I do 2 runs, a short one for the potent high quality hash, and then a second longer mix for the 'guest' hash, pulling the bags between each run.

You do not need to stir the water between each bag as you pull them.

If the trim is well frozen, it works better. At least 24 hours, and personally I freeze it for more than 2 weeks before I make hash with it. You could fill the machine with fresh trim, ice and water, and let it sit for 10-20 minutes to chill down before turning on the machine to mix.

There are so many posts here full of tips on improving the quality of your bubblehash, and useful techniques to improve your process. Many have detailed instructions and photos as well. Have a good look around the site and I'm sure you will find more information than you knew you wanted

Good luck with your hash runs, looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Also for the second run do you reuse the same water???

Thanks Dale

Yes, you reuse the water. Also, put the water in first before the material.

why would you want to reuse the same water? fresh water and more ice is the way to go! but what do i know? its not like i've ever made hash before!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

I dont reuse the water either, and I put the bubblenow bag with material and ice in first. Fresh water and more ice for the second mix.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

I don't feel it's necessary for the second run(still melty) to use fresh water and ice(still plenty of ice and freezing water, I don't have a bubblenow ), seems to be overkill for me, but if that works for you, by all means keep on keepin' on!
    Last edited by smokiyee; 04-08-2009 at 02:29 AM.