Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasha's work progression thread !!

Absolutely gorgeous. I love what you did with that broken beaker. That's a hell of a tube.

Sasha- I have a tube I broke right at the joint. Where the joint meets the side of the beaker. I was wondering if you could work some of your badass magic on this one.

Send me an PM, and lets see what you can do.
    Last edited by DaNK; 03-26-2009 at 03:25 AM.

New 18mm two section push style slide with half moon paddle and a lot of silver fume work. This one is deff. funky. The fume work started to almost form a texture to it. Crazy colors.
    Enjoy !!

Thanks for looking !!

Sorry for the delay in new work people. I have been out of commision for the last week. I have had a horribly infected tooth. I got a root canal yesterday and still recovering. I have to go back in ten days for the second round to make sure they got all the infection out. I will be back on the torch asap. Please stay tuned !!

-Peace

Quote: Originally Posted by Sublithic:

"Hi, I'm sublithic, and I'm a fumeaholic. I have no plans to enter recovery. In fact, let me share with you my latest binge, heavy doubles of Sasha in the glass.

I was served both these bad boys, the ice pinch slide and the silver-and-gold-fumed "swat style" pushie, at SYG, and at fantastic prices, even more considering the quality and beauty of these small but substantial works of (extremely functional) art.
    Of course, pictures never do justice to glass art, but I have to say, both of these are much more beautiful than even these excellent pics suggest (I didn't take them, I swiped them from the SYG thread, but mine aren't ready for prime time).

But another thing pictures can't convey is craftsmanship and "heft." Both of these feel like they've got about a kilo of glass in each. In fact, if you needed to slug someone hard and didn't have a roll of coins handy, you could do worse than to tuck one of these big bad boys up in your fist. I'm not kidding -- they're solid.

The fumed pushie is now at the top of my DD rotation. I usually prefer Martinis, and teeny 'tini's at that, but this thing's got a perfect little hemispherical push, and the glass is so thick that it might as well be a 'tini. I'm dirtying it up good 'n proper to get some nice color, and I'm trying to get a decent pic to post.

Thanks again to all concerned! Get well, Sasha! Then get back to work! :-0"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sublithic needs to get a job as a writer for Adult Swim I think. You are fuc*ing funny as hell bro. You made my mouth hurt I was laughing so damn hard. I am doing a bit better by the way and so is the wife. I plan to get back on the torch in the next day or so. Thanks again Sublithic !!!!

Thanks for looking !!!
    All my inlines have currentley sold on SYG but I have more coming soon plus some AC's and slides.

Here is my first oil dome attempt. It is all 14mm UST joints. I am very happy with it.

My mouth feels mutch better. I still gotta go back soon for the second round of dentistry. And I will be finished with that horrible experience. Stay tuned for more slides, AC's and inlines.

Enjoy !

Thanks for looking !!

thanks for keeping ua updated sasha
    hope mouth gets better real soon,
    keep up the meds

cheers beers an cones Mozza
    Before you ever make fun of an old person, consider that the alternative to old is, not old...
    and the only way to achieve not old, is not good

Sasha is an up and coming glass blowing badass. I feel like breaking a roor perc .US beaking just so I can get it inlined!

Sasha, I PMed you.

Quote Originally Posted by TOK3 View Post
    Sasha is an up and coming glass blowing badass. I feel like breaking a roor perc .US beaking just so I can get it inlined!
    thank god im not the only one wanting to break one lol