Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever seen a "defective" RooR ?

i saw one one time in a shop with FUCKED UP (bubbly/misshapen) bistabil dots/sig and crooked pinches. if it was a fake it was the only one in the whole shop... that sucks though, glad to hear you got it sorted out.
    ALWAYS INTERESTED IN: gateson, smiley, dosh, or brandon martin pieces. please pm me if you can help me out.

I have bought a defective roor myself, a nice tube at that, from Roor USA at a shop in Memphis. Good looking beaker tube, 2 footer, single perc, 7mm all around, except for a single exception.
    Didn't notice when I took it out of the shop, had it for about 2 weeks before a friend dinged the edge of the beaker base lightly against the sink and it just shattered. Along that curve it was about 1mm thick, about as thin as a really nice wine glass.
    I don't recommend buying Roors in the USA, but maybe this isn't characteristic. I have a HVY 9mm now i would recommend over ROOR any day.

So you bumped your glass bong and it shattered and that makes it defective?
    Thats called being careless. No way is that RooRs fault.

The beakers and bubbles are blown out, they are always gonna be thinner than the rest of the tube.

Don't knock your glass against things and you wont have any problems.

Its glass, it will break. I thought this was common sense ?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfin View Post
    So you bumped your glass bong and it shattered and that makes it defective?
    Thats called being careless. No way is that RooRs fault.
    The beakers and bubbles are blown out, they are always gonna be thinner than the rest of the tube.
    Don't knock your glass against things and you wont have any problems.
    Its glass, it will break. I thought this was common sense ?
    You need to get your panties untangled, man; does ROOR pay your salary or suck your dick or something?
    Tubes should be even all around, maybe a slight bit thinner here, but I am serious when I say the glass was about 1mm thin here. Certainly I don't say bongs are meant to endure collisions, but this one was particularly gentle.
    There's no reason to be so defensive of your favorite brand, man, I'm not attacking it, just speaking from experience. Nor do I say they're all like this; the thread is entitled defective roors, right?
    Every tube from every other brand I've ever had has been much thicker than this around the base, and endured much more abuse. Had an ADS about 2 years ago, a PHX about 4 years ago, and the ROOR lasted about a week before I had to seek out a replacement.
    I actually paid more for the ROOR than any tube I've ever had, I guess because of the lettering down the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobybologna View Post
    You need to get your panties untangled, man; does ROOR pay your salary or suck your dick or something?
    Tubes should be even all around, maybe a slight bit thinner here, but I am serious when I say the glass was about 1mm thin here. Certainly I don't say bongs are meant to endure collisions, but this one was particularly gentle.
    There's no reason to be so defensive of your favorite brand, man, I'm not attacking it, just speaking from experience. Nor do I say they're all like this; the thread is entitled defective roors, right?
    Every tube from every other brand I've ever had has been much thicker than this around the base, and endured much more abuse. Had an ADS about 2 years ago, a PHX about 4 years ago, and the ROOR lasted about a week before I had to seek out a replacement.
    I actually paid more for the ROOR than any tube I've ever had, I guess because of the lettering down the side.
    How come Roor needs to pay him or suck his dick for his support?
    Most bubbles and beakers thin out, I dont think I'd call it defective, and tubes arent normally made to endure abuse(maybe an acrylic would be better suited for you?). I try to only buy 7mm or greater to be safe. but I dunno... A 1mm thick roor?

EDIT: I have nothing against Jeebus, I couldnt find a better poidh thing.
    Last edited by Freebird17; 09-25-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: see edit
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

Ha, wow, yeah, people just love the brand so much they can't believe one wouldn't be perfect... I loved the tube, don't get me wrong, it smoked remarkably well. But the curve at the bottom of the base was thinner than any piece I've ever seen; like I said, I've owned PHX's, ADS's, and a HVY, all of them have had very sturdy and thick bases, even on the round edge.

I have never in my life bought an acrylic or any kind of factory/slave glass. Yes, though, I do think it is wise to buy 7 and 9mm tubes. Apparently I'm the only pothead with clumsy friends.

I don't take picture of broken tubes. Call me weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobybologna View Post
    Ha, wow, yeah, people just love the brand so much they can't believe one wouldn't be perfect... I loved the tube, don't get me wrong, it smoked remarkably well. But the curve at the bottom of the base was thinner than any piece I've ever seen; like I said, I've owned PHX's, ADS's, and a HVY, all of them have had very sturdy and thick bases, even on the round edge.

I have never in my life bought an acrylic or any kind of factory/slave glass. Yes, though, I do think it is wise to buy 7 and 9mm tubes. Apparently I'm the only pothead with clumsy friends.

I don't take picture of broken tubes. Call me weird?
    I'm not saying I dig roor or anything, I'm just saying I dont know if I'd call if a defect. If a tube is like 3.2mm(even 5mm sometimes) glass and a beaker of bubble bottom its gonna be trouble. but if I was dishing out cash on a Roor I'd probably go for the .de(7mm sis?). Right now my favorite daily driver is a 7mm ads bubble bottom, and it does thin out at some places, just not too badly.
    and I just kind of assumed everyone took pictures of their broken glass. Ive never broken anything bigger than a glass screen, so I don't know what i'd do . I'll make sure to update this when something inevitably breaks now though.
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

You could be right, maybe I'm accustomed to 7mm+ tubes, but this one was 5mm, pretty damned solid everywhere else except to this one spot. You can say it's not a defect but to me it should have been able to take more. If I get another ROOR I'll get a German piece, that's for sure.
    About the break, I'm weird that way. I'm the kind of guy that when something breaks I like to fucking shatter it in the street or a plastic bag, I don't hold onto it or keep it around to look at. I like to clean the slate.

ALL bubbles and beakers are blown out and thinner than the rest of the tube.
    Unless they use an ungodly amount of glass.

Its glass, you break it, no one to blame but yourself.

Unless the product says "HEAVY DUTY" or "INDESTRUCTIBLE" or is made to handle lots of abuse, you cant blame the manufacturer for mishandling the product causing it to break.

the only roor i would get is another german they are perfect every time if there is anything wrong with it send a email back to your retailer and they will replace it