Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever seen a "defective" RooR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfin View Post
    ALL bubbles and beakers are blown out and thinner than the rest of the tube.
    I don't believe this to be true. When held up to the light, My DC 9mm beaker appears to be 9mm even down in the beaker section. You can look through the glass wall and follow it down the beaker and it clearly stays the same thickness and becomes maybe <1mm less thick in the bend of the beaker. I believe that with some worksmanship, a "true" consistent thickness isn't difficult to obtain. Ive seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by jBUCKS420 View Post
    I don't believe this to be true. When held up to the light, My DC 9mm beaker appears to be 9mm even down in the beaker section. You can look through the glass wall and follow it down the beaker and it clearly stays the same thickness and becomes maybe <1mm less thick in the bend of the beaker. I believe that with some worksmanship, a "true" consistent thickness isn't difficult to obtain. Ive seen it.
    it's nice not to be picked at for once, all of my other tubes have very thick base edges, bases that I could lightly bump, even hit against many surfaces and have no problems at all. 1mm/wine glass thickness isn't acceptable for any area on a tube, IMO.

I don't think just looking at a curved piece of glass is a good way to tell how thick it is, throw some calipers on it but I'm sure it would be next to impossible right. It would have to be thinner because as you expand the tube out it has to get thinner to expand to make the beaker or bubble bottom. Its physics, for every action there is a reaction.

Just my 2 cents.
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur

^Yes, its impossible for the beaker or bubble to not be thinner than the rest, UNLESS you build up an ungodly amount of glass.
    Just part of how a bong is built.

And again, its glass, its bought with the knowledge that its fragile. Maybe glass isnt for you if youre contstantly knocking your bongs against something like a wild animal.
    Ive broken a few very expensive pieces, with little effort sometimes, I dont blame anybody but myself. I would never blame the manufacturer or blower for a glass piece breaking after I knocked it against something; unless its sitting on the shelf and cracks into two pieces as your looking at it, its YOUR fault for breaking it.

Its got nothing to do with RooR. If you were trash talking Weedstar for the same reason, I would say the same thing.

2 xboxs would be the fucking shit, put each with its own tv and system link that bitch, get some friends, best CoD/halo gaming ever.

I understand that if you took a tube all the same thickness and blew a bubble at the end that the bubble would be thinner than the rest of the tubing. But Why would they have to add an "ungodly" amount of glass for someone to make a beaker 9mm all the way around? Im no glassblower, but couldn't they add a little more glass to the bottom that is going to be blown out into the beaker shape, so that when its finished there is more glass at the bottom? if you look at the corner of the beaker part of this DC beaker I have, and knock on it, or tap it with something metal, it makes a nice thick tink noise, sounds solid and makes the same note as when I tap on the top part, and it looks visually to be the same thickness when I look at it from the side as when I look at the straight part from the side. I don't understand how you guys are saying people don't do this when they make beakers and that every single beaker is thinner at the base. NOONE adds glass to the bottom before blowing a beaker out? Why has NOONE accomplished this?
    Last edited by jBUCKS420; 09-27-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibannac View Post
    I don't think just looking at a curved piece of glass is a good way to tell how thick it is
    So If you follow a piece of glass with your eyes all the way down a tube, and the line of the inside of the bong and the line of the outside of the bong stay the same distance from eachother all the way down the tube, and it can clearly be observed and shown to other people who observe the same thing, why WOULDN'T you assume that the thickness is consistent? Just asking. I would have taken pictures but I don't think a camera would capture what I'm trying to explain.

US Tubes is the only company to go the extra mile to get their beakers and bubbles almost as thick as the rest of the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread_head_420 View Post
    basically its my girlfriends and she brought it over cause my DLC would only work on the original xbox i download the shit to ...
    So i wanted to play my shit so she brought her xbox .. n it kinda just got left there ...
    You do realize you can do a liscense transfer right?

So If you follow a piece of glass with your eyes all the way down a tube, and the line of the inside of the bong and the line of the outside of the bong stay the same distance from eachother all the way down the tube, and it can clearly be observed and shown to other people who observe the same thing, why WOULDN'T you assume that the thickness is consistent? Just asking. I would have taken pictures but I don't think a camera would capture what I'm trying to explain.
    Because the curve of the glass chages from the tube to the beaker base it gets less curved because the circumfrence has increased so it can change how it looks from the outside. Remember that magnifying glasses use curved glass to make things appear bigger.
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur