Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ever seen a "defective" RooR ?

Ive been happy with plenty of post 2007 ROoR pieces.
    Including their percs.

I will say though, the older RooR percs looked better/cleaner. The new ones got 30 slits on em and just look too busy. I love how simple and clean the old RooR percs were. New ones still got the same quality, just not as clean looking.

And post up a pic of that RooR before you repair it, Id love to see it.
    Might be a fake.

NL #5 is that supposed to be a US or .DE roor? To me if its supposed to be a US, I think it may very well be a fake. One thing I distinktly notice on US v DE RooRs is how the bases are done. Nearly every straight tube US RooR ive seen has a flared base, the base on that tube is not really flared up at all. I have a 2ft 7mm RooR US, and looking at that I would say its considerably different compare to me. Also the signature on my tube is very vibrant, definantly placed and smooth, the one on yours is cool no doubt but it doesnt look very vibrant and as if it was slaped on there quickly at the end, this could just be a quality control thing. Also the ice pinches, can you get a better pic of them. US RooR and DE roors have very distinct ice pinches, I'm not sure how to explain it I just visually know when I see them. You have a perfect example Nl#5, on the orange label 3 arm roor beaker you got off me it had PERFECT US RooR ice pinches. Any tube that is less than 5mm should look exactly or deviant very slightly from the way the pinches look on the orange label. the only time ive notice a major deviation in us roor ice pinches is with the 7mm ones, they are more elongated and deeper into the tube. these are all things i've noticed when checking out roors at dementia where there are TONS to look at, you can notice any little flaw if you are looking at a huge batch for specific things.
    i
    looking back at your tube again, im pretty sure its legit, but the sig placement seems very janky to me. i think its legit because the ice pinches are placed on nearly the exact same spot they are on my tube. your label is considerably larger than mine though.
    Last edited by nickz0r; 10-04-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Very odd find dread head. A find you NEVER wanna see! haha. But glad roor had your back.
    "The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

Yea good luck getting a new label.
    Thats unheard of.

420repair.com is RooR .us

Im glad your likin the 24'' roor perc still man. I miss that thing.

Thats why you should buy your glass in person, so you can inspect it and make sure its up to your standards.

There isnt a single company in the world who doenst put out a defective product once in a while. The bigger the company, the more its gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfin View Post
    Thats why you should buy your glass in person, so you can inspect it and make sure its up to your standards.

There isnt a single company in the world who doenst put out a defective product once in a while. The bigger the company, the more its gonna happen.
    not everyone has that luxury. some of us live in areas where headshops are non-existent. can't afford to jump on a plane or drive hours to the next state and back just for glass.

phx is the man anyone can trust that cat