Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Ice Pinch Slide

Default Cleaning Ice Pinch Slide

I wasn't sure where to throw this thread up so here it is. Ive been having trouble cleaning my Toro Ice Pinch slide for a while now. There is always remnants of resin around the ice pinches no matter what I do. I figured Grunge Off would be a quick fix with how much praise its been getting, but no luck even after 24+ hours of soak. Anyone have a technique or solution they use to rid the rest of the resin as I know I'm not the only one around with this problem. All responses are appreciated, thanks. Ive tried using cutips and toothpicks but no luck as they are in tough to reach places.

one word..... q-tip

I mentioned in my initial post that cutips don't help. Thanks though.

Do you have a toro pinch where a cutip works fine? Maybe I have some surface scratches that are binding these remnants?
    Last edited by minotaur; 03-31-2009 at 11:53 PM.

try pipe cleaners. i have an ice pinch and is deffinitally a bitch to clean.

I guess i missed that lol, how do q-tips not work?

In one spot the toro thumb pull is in the way and cant get to the underside of an ice pinch. The other spot the ice pinches are too close together and cant get enough of the cutip in their to do anything. Bah maybe I'll upgrade to a Royal pinchy, I dont think I'll ever go back to a normal push or martini, the flow is too nice!

Edit: Ahhh a pipe cleaner, that should solve my problems! Thanks

Egad Holmes! A pipe cleaner for cleaning a pipe? What will they think of next?
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Haha pipe cleaners are so old school I can't remember the last time I saw one let alone use one. Be nice

throwback to art class in gradeschool
    i dont have a toro icepinch, (honalee)but i have the same issue with mine, the pinches definitely hold the resin/ash well. Ive found iso alcohol + salt gets it sparkling,if it doesnt come off like that try heating the alcohol.
    If anyone tries this, dont heat alcohol over an open flame PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
    a microwave is the preferred method for me, 45 seconds or so gets a nice rolling boil without the possiblity of vapors exploding in my face, and boiling isopropyl rends resin from glass really well.
    Last edited by eastghost; 04-01-2009 at 01:57 AM.

I've got a 18.8 Toro ice pinch and I've let it get pretty damn dirty, and 10 minutes in GO rinsed with hot water usually always does the trick. For tough spots I'll get a qtip and dip the tip in GO then go about scrubbing. I really don't know how they don't work for ya...GO and qtips have never failed me for cleaning any of my slides, regardless of how dirty they were.