you can definitely use sea salt if you need something more coarse in there. the problem is that since its bigger and we have percs with small holes, it'll get into them sometimes and not wanna leave. id stick with table salt unless you have no percs.

the problem with oxyclean is that it will leave residue if left in for too long. you must make sure to clean it out of the bong after only a few hours of soaking or else it builds up on the walls and leaves a white chemical residue that you do not want ending up in your lungs. you can clean all of this off, it just turns out to be a lot of work you dont anticipate. you have to be very thourough always when rinsing your piece of these harsh chemicals.

i need something better here. i have a 3 percd 3 footer, and have tried iso+salt, 420cleaner, and oxy. the oxy did not get all the resin buildup off of my percs and since i left it in longer to do its thing, i ended up with white chem buildup all over the insides to top it off. i havnt smoked from it in quite a few months now. been looking for something to pour in there that will just take it all off in one go. i no longer have my own place, and cant leave my piece out to soak for hours.

hope that helps someone.
anyone know if its ok to boil up some grunge off and pour it through there?