Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Percs

Hybrid View

Default Cleaning Percs

What's everybody's best method to clean percs? They're always such a bitch to get spotless, I feel like no matter how much grunge off one uses on them, there is almost always atleast a thin layer of scum left on them. Fucking A.

I use 99% isopropyl alcohol and table salt combined with a lot of shaking.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Ok man, I had the same prob. for a long time. There would always be this thin ass layer of discolor inside the perc chamber. I tried everything, hot water, iso, different salts ect. Finally I saw on TC that someone had used oxyclean and worked. Sure

So just fillup you tube full with hot water, plug up the hole with stopper, dump in a scoop of oxy and let it do it's thing. The longer you let it just sit and shake it around every once in a while, the better the product works and will just lossen everything in the tube off. Then I just run mass hot water and then cold water.Works like a charm everytime. Let it sit for and hour or so if you can. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by winspence3 View Post
    Then I just run mass hot water and then cold water.
    I'd be careful of this, glass cracks with quick temperature changes.

Those really thin layers come off as skin like layers sometimes, it's looks really gross but then again your tube is spotless and nothing looks more gross than a dirty ass bong!

So far I've blown threw a bottle of Grunge Off and two bottles of iso propo and countless amounts of salt... but oxyclean, now that seems like a solution that I never thought of. Thanks everybody. Bong scum is fucking gross

Heat up the iso on the stove it works 1000% better just be careful, apparently that stuff is flammable.

To whoever asked about heating ISO:
    since the boiling point of iso is far less than 212 F, its very simple to attain a rolling boil using a microwave for ~30-45 seconds. This method does not expose flammable vapors to open flame, and is as safe as heating anything else.

A word of caution: The vapors that boiling alcohol give off are POTENT. I've gotten whiffs before that have made my head spin, so make sure you rinse the entire tube/glass peice out thoroughly before use. Theres nothing more unpleasant than breathing iso-flavored air from an improperly rinsed tube.
    Glass by: Toro, Zong, RooЯ, honalee and more.

Quote Originally Posted by eastghost View Post
    To whoever asked about heating ISO:
    since the boiling point of iso is far less than 212 F, its very simple to attain a rolling boil using a microwave for ~30-45 seconds. This method does not expose flammable vapors to open flame, and is as safe as heating anything else.

A word of caution: The vapors that boiling alcohol give off are POTENT. I've gotten whiffs before that have made my head spin, so make sure you rinse the entire tube/glass peice out thoroughly before use. Theres nothing more unpleasant than breathing iso-flavored air from an improperly rinsed tube.
    yo have you died yet? ill trust you if u havent died