Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Percs

I've never even heard of the white vinegar trick, it seems that everyone has their own tricks. I've been a big fan of grunge off as well as the iso/salt trick. Even the heated Iso. But those fucking percs still got this layer of scum on them. It's not hard water stains, it's just bong scum. I'm gonna get some oxyclean and see what that does.

govegan - have u tried the white vinegar trick yet though? if white vinegar works too, then i would probably prefer to try the white vinegar before trying the oxyclean. just for the fact that it is more natural, or at least edible and wont kill me, and that vinegar is probably cheaper too. oh yea, and u can cook up some marvelous shit with it. either way, let us know how it goes

will do, will the vinegar work on more than just hard water stains, it's just the thinnest layer of scum that won't go away. no chunks of res, just perc scum.

To whoever asked about heating ISO:
    since the boiling point of iso is far less than 212 F, its very simple to attain a rolling boil using a microwave for ~30-45 seconds. This method does not expose flammable vapors to open flame, and is as safe as heating anything else.

A word of caution: The vapors that boiling alcohol give off are POTENT. I've gotten whiffs before that have made my head spin, so make sure you rinse the entire tube/glass peice out thoroughly before use. Theres nothing more unpleasant than breathing iso-flavored air from an improperly rinsed tube.
    Glass by: Toro, Zong, RooЯ, honalee and more.

Billy Mays is tha tits!

Look for Bubbleman's sticky thread about the latest product he is carrying, Grunge Off. Sounds like amazing stuff and exactly what you are looking for.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    I've been told the heavy-duty cleaning agent called CLR will remove all hard water stains and resin remnants too, but it will also take labels off of glass, so its not always the best option, but it might work for yer percs.
    You can use CLR or a Calicium Remover, like Cal-X to remove those hard water stains that alcohol will not even remove.

Aqua Lab Tech

Quote Originally Posted by eastghost View Post
    To whoever asked about heating ISO:
    since the boiling point of iso is far less than 212 F, its very simple to attain a rolling boil using a microwave for ~30-45 seconds. This method does not expose flammable vapors to open flame, and is as safe as heating anything else.

A word of caution: The vapors that boiling alcohol give off are POTENT. I've gotten whiffs before that have made my head spin, so make sure you rinse the entire tube/glass peice out thoroughly before use. Theres nothing more unpleasant than breathing iso-flavored air from an improperly rinsed tube.
    yo have you died yet? ill trust you if u havent died

hahah, not dead yet. Ill post a video at some point to show that im not lying.
    Glass by: Toro, Zong, RooЯ, honalee and more.

I'll vouch for microwaving iso. I do it all the time to speed up the evaporation. I run a plate of it for about 3.5 minutes.

And has anyone figured out what the downside to Oxyclean is yet?