Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: My collection

Quote Originally Posted by Basack View Post
    ehhh glassaholic my bushing adapter causes the tube to have alot less flow but maybe its because the hole at the bottom of it is kinda small ... really small compared to clearing through an 18mm joint. So i guess it depends on the adapter you have.
    A bushing adapter like this one from Aqualabs

Is meant to stay on the slide so when you pull the slide to clear it comes with it so you clear through an 18.8 joint as per normal, when milking the smallest point of constriction is the hole in the push so effective joint size at that point is no different between a 14.5 or 18.8 slide.

I'm guessing you're either talking about an 18.8/14.5 bushing diffuser which is another kettle of fish or you're kecking the adapter in place on the joint of the tube.

I agree bassak i def notice a difference not huge but theirs def a bit less flow. ive owned 2 14s a jason lee and a deppe. the deppe hits a thousand times better then the lee did but jlee does most of his slides with really small pushes which didnt help at all. mostly bewteen the 2 the hole in the push was everything. the deppe is perfect so not much of a difference the lee was small and hit like crap.

wow glass u thought me something new i didnt know u were suppost to keep that on the slide. ill b trying that next time i use the deppe on the toro hops!
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

Yeah, that's why you notice a difference because by leaving the adapter on the joint/diffy you are in effect turning the entire joint into a 14.5mm, when it stays on the slide when you pull it it stays at 18.8mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassaholic View Post
    Yeah, that's why you notice a difference because by leaving the adapter on the joint/diffy you are in effect turning the entire joint into a 14.5mm, when it stays on the slide when you pull it it stays at 18.8mm.
    thats cool ill try it for sure. i was watching that hefe vid like what the hell is he doing. it makes sense i see what your saying.
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

it's not about the size of the push ( the indent into the glass where the bud goes), but the punch ( the actual hole in the push) is what determines how it'll hit.

but that's only as far as slides goes.

Quote Originally Posted by EEbrew View Post
    it's not about the size of the push ( the indent into the glass where the bud goes), but the punch ( the actual hole in the push) is what determines how it'll hit.

but that's only as far as slides goes.
    That's what I said;
    "when milking the smallest point of constriction is the hole in the push so effective joint size at that point is no different between a 14.5 or 18.8 slide"
    The hole in the push and the punch are the same thing

right on, which is exactly why an ice pinch slide, or a disc or something of that nature will flow even more than a push, because theres more room for air to pass through. I have a 18/14 reducer made by SGW that I use all the time, but ya it definately doesnt cut down on the air flow, its all in the push hole/ice pinch.
    SG Sovereignty . TORO . Eric Anders . HOPS . Pakoh . Stone GlassWorks . El Hefe . RooR.DE . Hedman Headies . OPAS . Eric Ross . AK . Kennaroo . Freeek . Sling/Snic . Vertigo Glass . Salt . Royal . Frito . Mer . Morgan . DOSA Glass . Steve Bates . ReBel Glass . Local Artists

-mabud
    NOTE: I Do Not Sell Glass on IOFFER, if you see my pics/glass on there, please DO NOT buy anything. It is a scammer.

I want to get a multi hole push to try as well, for a hakko I like holes better but for a flame the icepinch is great.

Yea, the SG 4 hole slide flows great, I got one when I picked up a gridcap/8 and it functions awesome.. Ive used it on my mini waffle before and gotten it to stack well past the ice pinches with the 4hole. Definately worth picking one up if you can. You wont be let down, never used a LW disc though. SGW also has a "web" bowl too I believe, would like to try one of those too.
    SG Sovereignty . TORO . Eric Anders . HOPS . Pakoh . Stone GlassWorks . El Hefe . RooR.DE . Hedman Headies . OPAS . Eric Ross . AK . Kennaroo . Freeek . Sling/Snic . Vertigo Glass . Salt . Royal . Frito . Mer . Morgan . DOSA Glass . Steve Bates . ReBel Glass . Local Artists

-mabud
    NOTE: I Do Not Sell Glass on IOFFER, if you see my pics/glass on there, please DO NOT buy anything. It is a scammer.

My new Freek;