Thread: Fresh frozen and dry material

Default Fresh frozen and dry material

So the more I've been messing with fresh frozen, I've noticed I get a cleaner seperation with some strains when they are dry. However with some strains like space kandy, dogshit cherryppie and skunk I've gotten a better product with fresh frozen. Does anyone experience this too? Also with freshfrozen is it better to not use as much ice in the bag? Anyways this forum is really cool

Yes there are subtle differences between fresh frozen and dried. I find the membrane tends to stay hydrated around the trichome head, and this tends to make for harder drying. and easier whiting out of the hash after a week or so of being made. I also have found depending on the material, super dry or super fresh, depending on how much ice one uses, or how hard one mixes, will decide whether you pick up bits of contaminant. Both Dry and Wet wash merely need to be more gently mixed, with TONS of ice, and you will get an amazing product in the end.

Is whiting out caused by moisture or can other factors like heat light and oxygen be a cause? Reason why I ask this is cause I've always been told it's from moisture but I saw a picture of drysift that started to "white out". Also was really happens when something whites out? Is it a loss of certain oils and also some other oils becoming something else in the hash? Sorry if any if these questions sound dumb haha

I think its pulling moisture out of the air.. ie the dry sift that you saw white out.. i've seen it as well.. i believe its moistere hitting the glandular trichome wax membrane, which then degrades over time and loses the hold of the hash... my two cents

Bubble man

I think its pulling moisture out of the air.. ie the dry sift that you saw white out.. i've seen it as well.. i believe its moistere hitting the glandular trichome wax membrane, which then degrades over time and loses the hold of the hash... my two cents

Bubble man

Cool, thanks bubbleman!! I really appreciate the answers, this website is really awesome!

Will be getting my 8bag 5 Gal BubbleBag lite's within the next few weeks if things go as planned,
    Ive got about a quarter pound(113 grams) of dry AAA Kush, "Candy Kush" Ill post some photos soon of the buds.

I will be running this in my 5gal bubblebag lites after I receive them. Just was wondering what you would suggest?

I was thinking to break the buds town to small tiny popcorn nuggets, then freeze those for 24 hrs, added to some water with LOTS of cubed ice.

From there I would let it soak for 10-20 mins for the water to take the temp's of the ice. just to ensure everything is nice and frozen.. this is where I am wondering what I should do? would it be more beneficial for me to handmix for the 1st wash? and then do a 10 Minute 2nd wash through the bubble now?

Just trying to ensure I get the highest quality of product out of my 1st wash.
    A tree is a tree...

You could always do a couple runs with hand mix and do a finish run with the bubblenow.

Yeah that's what im thinking! Couldn't hurt
    Can't wait to order my 5 gal BubbleBag Lites this week

Cheers Camden! Happy hashing brother!
    A tree is a tree...