Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me buy a hashpipe?

Quote Originally Posted by philly4life View Post
    bubble, you could just buy a mouthpiece and use a extract bowl also...
    what do u mean about supportive of a vaporizer
    i thought they would have given the best review for the vaporizers but they actually suggested it was inefficient for consuming thc.

"The vaporizer results appeared more promising, but confusing. The two vaporizers were the only devices to outscore unfiltered joints in terms of raw cannabinoid/tar ratio. The electric hotplate vaporizer did best, with a performance ratio about 25% higher than the unfiltered joint. The hot air gun was just marginally superior, but might have done better had it not been for its water filtration component."

"However, the situation was complicated by the fact that the cannabinoids produced by the electric hotplate vaporizer were unusually high in CBN, leaving 30% less THC as a percentage of the total cannabinoids than with the other smoking devices. Since CBN is not psychoactive like THC, recreational users might be expected to consume more smoke to make up for the deficit. (The situation may be different for medical users, who could experience other, medicinal benefits from CBN). For this reason, it seemed advisable to recompute the performance efficiencies of the vaporizers in terms of THC, rather than all cannabinoids. When this was done, the electric hotplate vaporizer turned out to have a lower THC/tar ratio than the unfiltered joint, while the hot air gun was still marginally higher."

maybe they weren't letting it get hot enough?

o, gotcha. did u decide on a hashpipe idea yet?
    http://www.bitfreakglass.com/wickedsands.html the first 4 are perfect for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassaholic View Post
    What's with all these newbies coming in here thinking they're insta mods????

Dude I hate to say it but I am calling bs on the study

How do you inhale MORE tar from a water pipe than from a joint? In a joint, as you smoke it, the weed becomes more and more resin coated, and then you proceed to smoke the weed which is coated in resin... When you smoke a joint nothing is filtered out, you got EVERYTHING that is combusting.

With a water pipe it is obvious there is filtration because as you smoke more and more fresh green snaps, the water becomes yellowish to brown, and takes on a god aweful smell.

and in my eyes once the study publishes something that ludicrous and that flawed, it looses all credibility.

You should do a little test... Take 1.5 grams of nugget and split it up. Portion .5 for a joint, .5 to be smoked out of a dry, and .5 to be ripped out of the bong.

which one gets you more stoned?

and also If you are STILL against water pipes, use one without any water in it, because as Razz said, you are going to want some extra size, just so the smoke can cool off on its own due to the large volume
    Last edited by Aud; 06-05-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aud View Post
    Dude I hate to say it but I am calling bs on the study

How do you inhale MORE tar from a water pipe than from a joint? In a joint, as you smoke it, the weed becomes more and more resin coated, and then you proceed to smoke the weed which is coated in resin... When you smoke a joint nothing is filtered out, you got EVERYTHING that is combusting.

With a water pipe it is obvious there is filtration because as you smoke more and more fresh green snaps, the water becomes yellowish to brown, and takes on a god aweful smell.

and in my eyes once the study publishes something that ludicrous and that flawed, it looses all credibility.

You should do a little test... Take 1.5 grams of nugget and split it up. Portion .5 for a joint, .5 to be smoked out of a dry, and .5 to be ripped out of the bong.

which one gets you more stoned?

and also If you are STILL against water pipes, use one without any water in it, because as Razz said, you are going to want some extra size, just so the smoke can cool off on its own due to the large volume
    might wanna make sure you fully understand the study before calling bullshit on it. it wasn't saying that if you smoked the same amount from a bong and a joint that the bong would give you more tar. it was suggesting that they are counter productive because they produce 30% more tar per cannabinoids not 30% more tar period. they are basically saying that the user would need to inhale more tar to get the desired amount of THC with a bong.

It is important to note that this study was dedicated to figuring out the tar to cannabinoid ratio in order to figure out which is the "safest" smoking device. Because this was the goal of the study I would say that the high tar to cannabinoid ratio of the cannabis itself is more acceptable. Had this been a study deidicated to THC transfer rate it would be have been a lot more questionable for me.
    btw I am not anti bong. I'm a stoner living in America I can't goto any of my friends house without hitting a bong. i dont need to do the test i have many years of personal experience hitting bongs and bubs just like I'm sure you also do.

Philly: thanks bro was already checking out the bitfreakglass stuff. those wicked sand tubes look great. I am awed by Salt's work it's absolutely amazing. Might have to make an order from there thanks

Negligible
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.