Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using Alcohol/Ethanol instead of water?

One last question from a rookie who is just getting started with this...I just got the 8 bag, 1 gallon bag set...haven't even opened it yet...but already the question popped in my mind about adding a little dry ice the the mix...without really knowing anything yet, I thought the bubbling action of the dry ice might be helpful? I had no intention of doing this the 1st time...and I certainly wanted to tap into you guys experience on this, don't want to damage the bags or leaves...Opinions, please...thank you, Steve

Search the threads homie, Im pretty sure Ive read on here before about peoples' experiences with using dry ice, although I don't recall whether there was a positive or negative effect on the bubble

Dumb question maybe, but what would be the difference between tap water and distilled water in the process? I know there's some bizzare sedement that can be chemically extracted from tap water...and I'm sure they pass right through the 25 micron layer...so I assume this isn't a promblem? I heard of an old college buddy using only Fiji water but he was always somewhat eccentric...Opinions on the water, please? Make a difference?

If you want all your questions answered, I suggest asking elsewhere on this forum because people aren't going to be checking this thread constantly. Youre better off starting a new thread asking this question, BUT FIRST use the SEARCH which is really helpful to find all the information you could ever need regarding bubble which IS, as Ive heard, worth the trouble.

yes i agree 100% of deleation of this thread or leave it up so ppl no not to post extraction or solvents talk in here
    as i used to make oil for 10 years then one day burnt 35 % of my body and never looked back at extractions

how would you extract the iso from water if it was mixed wiht the water it probably still would disolve the trichomes how would ya get them back

Hey Tangerine, if you are really sensitive taste wise you may be able to taste the calcium, floride or chlorine {That may be}used in tap water. It does go through the 25 bag as you have stated. Once the hash is removed from the bags it still has water in it, therefore that stuff would still be there. I have heard of folks using dehumidifier water. It has no additives as it is just humidity captured from the air. I have always used tap water personally. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Default Clean Water

Yeah I mean if you really want to use clean water you could always go with an RO unit, or distilled water too if your not making that big of a batch. I think 2.5 gallons of distilled water from a supermarket is like $3-4, so it ain't that bad if you only need two or three. Bigger batches, like washing machine size I would definitely use an RO unit if you want clean water.

Personally I have always used tap water and it tasted fine....I think I am going to try using RO or distilled next time around though to see if it makes a difference in the end.

i'm not trying to go against any principles of this website and i definitely respect the preference of Bubbleman and all you bubble has enthusiasts BUT

coming from the mind of someone whose seen people make bubblehash with bubblebags AND seen people use butane to extract oil to make the oil-based concentrate i can honestly say that the potency of the oil based concentrate is much higher.

thats not saying that if you used wayyy more high quality plant material/ parts to make the hash that it wouldn't be just as good, its just saying that for the same amount of bud/trimmings the butane extract delivers more potency.

somebody please delete this fuckin thread!!!!!!!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!