Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Canna Butter, Oils, & Honey~

Default ~Canna Butter, Oils, & Honey~

Hi, I am interesting in making these items in the future. Canna butter, coconut oil and honey.... From what I have read and understand, you can pretty much put 1 oz of matter too 1 lb butter or oil and/or 5lbs of honey which ever you are using... In a crock pot on low from 4-18 hrs depending on what you are making and walla you have infused butter etc..... So... do you need to still decarb in the oven? I am not thinking so.... Thoughts on this.... Thank you all....

Hello Misty
    I always decarb my matter... I have used vapor poo... and still decarb... if there is any THC-A it's gonna change it to THC and I use most of mine for edibles... I have started using Mason jars... I find it easier and then I stuff it all in the oven and no smell at 250 degrees... I love using butter( real no salt)... just started experimenting with coconut oil..(just reminded me to stir the jar I have in the dark cupboard it's a cup of oil to two tablespoons of decarb) Decarbing does make a difference... believe me my caramels locked me to the couch after one test... I am just learning about some of this myself this is just my experience so far hope it helps.... Peace =)

Hi tabbernanna, Thank you so much, yes it does help.... how long do you decarb in your oven, 20 min 1 hr?? Thank you so much, now to just get to a Legal state unlike TN... Thanks, Peace....

Misty you are welcome I usually decarb in mason jar for about 2 hours at 220 degrees... I have a old old oven and so I let it sit in there and turn heat off after about the first hour...

I'm not against decarbing, but I've never decarbed and had great success with my edibles. You know when people are having anxiety attacks and think they might die that it's working. :O

...... not that that's the desired effect.

I recently dissolved 5 grams of rosin made from full melt bubble into 1/2 cup of coconut oil but I'm afraid to try it. I have no clue if it's active or not and I am super lightweight when it comes to edibles. I think I either need to dilute it or get a pipette and dose in just a few mL's at a time.

Irie I made my batch and I tried it out today put me out for 2 hours... I was feeling no pain... I test small amounts with nuts and wait for about 2 hours... (Like a tablespoon of coconut oil and a handful of nuts)I did that today and then ate some of my caramels that is what did me in today but I feel much better so I guess it was just the cannabis ordered... my coconut oil is one cup of oil and only 2 tablespoons of decarb...

The Stoners cookbook http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/ho...ylate_weed.php

took me a minute to find this but I ran across this today it's helpful...

Interesting, I think it all depends on how good your matter is in the long run, my dad never decarbed his either he made butter the od fashioned hippy way... Thank you...

Quality is always key... but when you only have so much to work with most of my decarb is from vapor poo and flower mixed... mostly just the poo though and what I didn't get from the first round I do get the second, this is just my experience so far... =)

Yes it is, thank you so much.... What about decarbing 2 tsp of cannabis then to decarb or not, and add to 2 1 tablespoon size penut butter cookies and bake... My recipe is 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg...mix and bake no higher than 300* for 10-15 min... very good...