Thread: Preparation for 1st Bubble Bag run!

Default Preparation for 1st Bubble Bag run!

Greetings fellas,
    it has been a minute since posting here. Anyway, for a long time I have been growing, producing bud, and making dry sift. Now after what I feel has been too many years of not trying bubble hash I have finally decided to. I do have some questions I know for a fact you all can help me with.
    1. Fresh frozen or dry?
    1.5. If using fresh frozen how long after harvest should I freeze it and how long is it ideal to stay frozen? Is there a time limit on keeping it frozen?
    2. Is it better to trim it, separate trim and bud in different runs?
    3. Would it be okay to not trim it and run it whole?
    4. Dry ice, ice, or snow?
    5. Pounds to bag/bucket size ratio?
    *edit 6. any clue on the ratio of pounds of bud/trim to hash (if using 8 bags)?
    At the moment that is all that I can think of, will post more as questions flood into my mind as we get closer to Bubblegedon.
    Last edited by BigManNew; 10-15-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

If I was doing it, i would

1. use properly dried material
    2. trim it and do it in different runs..
    3. the leaves will give more contaminent when left on. maybe dry sift the sugar leaf trim?
    4. There is a bubblehash how to video on PotTV youtube channel that touches on snow etc and the "experts" say they found contaminate from using fresh snow.
    as for your other ?s, I dont have a clue. I'd suggest watching as many bubbleman vids as possible

Thank you Chad. Yes I had planned on watching a few videos here and there, I'm positive some of our other members over the years have made videos on their own.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

"Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Also, since it is my first time, should I go with eight bags(220, 190, 160, 120, 90, 73, 45, 25), four bags (220, 160, 73, 25), or should I go with a different number of bags and micron configuration?
    M.A.N. Glass Art

Freeze asap if doing fresh frozen... though Ramsay wouldn't approve of fresh frozen!
    If the buds are larfy then don't worry as much about trimming. The buds will hold onto the heads if they are dense buds; sometimes water won't even get into the buds after a 12 minute wash. Break 'em open and the heads are still on the bud with no moisture in the bud.
    Clean ice, homemade if possible.
    3%-8% return. Sometimes more depending on the strain, the quality, and handling of material.
    If you have a lot of material then use all the bags first run and leave out bags for the next runs as necessary.
    Have fun!
    Thoughts are powerful. Don't believe me? Think of a lemon...

What can I do with the green after I am done running it?
    M.A.N. Glass Art