Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice pinch slide

Default Ice pinch slide

Okay I am not trying to sound stupid but I just purchased a SSFG ice pinch slide and my weed keeps pulling through? From my understanding I thought these things kept stuff from coming through? Is there a secret I dont know about? Thanks for any help,I love the slide but hate wasting my smoke.

Break it up bigger
    Its prob cause the pinchs arent close together
    or you pulilng to hard

plus your in the wrong forum

pack it tight, and all ice pinches are designed differently. a 3 pinch toro ice pinch will keep everything in, but a 4 pinch works like a super airflowed push.... royal makes the best pinches imo.

Ah, I get the idea of them now (Airflow). For the past week I've been debating posting a thread asking where the ice goes in them and how the weed doesn't get wet. lol

im not a fan of ice pinch slides at all i hate my toro one that came with my toro!

i have a toro ice pinch on the way, an older royal that i picked up from BF with tight pinches, and a brand new Royal that i picked up yesterday with perfectly spaced pinches.

I have found that a slight bit falls through with the wider spaced pinches, but as long as you don't pull too hard, then it should stay relatively well. The Toro ice pinches work as well as the Royal and keep the ash put in the slide better imo. Everyone has their own preference for how to pack it, but you will find what you like soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 420_Skier View Post
    Ah, I get the idea of them now (Airflow). For the past week I've been debating posting a thread asking where the ice goes in them and how the weed doesn't get wet. lol
    LOl i hope you were kidding =P

Quote Originally Posted by acidraindrips View Post
    i have a toro ice pinch on the way, an older royal that i picked up from BF with tight pinches, and a brand new Royal that i picked up yesterday with perfectly spaced pinches.

I have found that a slight bit falls through with the wider spaced pinches, but as long as you don't pull too hard, then it should stay relatively well. The Toro ice pinches work as well as the Royal and keep the ash put in the slide better imo. Everyone has their own preference for how to pack it, but you will find what you like soon enough.
    I have always noticed the difference in gap on the pinches, even when comparing royal to royal slides.

Well put re: finding a sweet spot with each slide. Personally i like all my ash to stay in the slide so a 4 pinch seems like a winner.

4 pinch for 18s and 3 for 14's is perfect

Since this is an ice pinch slide thread does anyone know the history behind it?