Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -Clean tubes? worked very well !-

Default -Clean tubes? worked very well !-

hello everyone just wondering what you guys think about using acetone to clean glass. my friends dad told him to do it i was sceptical cause of the harsh fumes and the fact that you use the shit to take pain of cars and shit, but other than that my friend tryed it and it worked insanly good he says so i think i may try it. like 4 bucks for a biottle and you wouldnt even use a ehole one i bet said the shit melts of like butter.

I guess it depends how well you rinse. I use iso and rock salt both are inexpensive. Hearing good things about Grunge Off too, but I doubt it's 4 bucks. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

yeah thats what i usually use but im tired of shaking the shit out of shit for a fuckin hour haha, and yeah i cant afford to buy grung off all the time

I wouldnt use acetone man. wouldnt trust that stuff around my labels etc. if you cant afford grunge off then iso salt all day

well dont got a lable on any off my glass, ones blasted but i dont think that would be affected....but i am getting one of those fact. seconds fixd from SYN with a miss fired label, good thing you let me know ida been pissed if i tryed cleaning it for the first time with that shit and the lable came staight off hahaha

grunge off is like $16 and reusable... Unless your pieces are all CAKED in resin ALL THE TIME you won't need more than a bottle for a long time

try rubbing alc. and some kosher salt or good sea salt to agitate, that should do it. I use this on my double tree perc. fixed stem shower head , and clears it up everytime.

and guess what it's not paint thinner!(uh acetone, that's the main ing. in nail polish remover)

oh yeah I hear ya' not affording grunge off, rubbing alc. is like $3 and it's what ???

REUSABLE!
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"

I'm fairly certain I remember using acetone to dry out those pesky water droplets on the inside of glass beakers/flasks/graduated cylinders in my chem labs.

But, I would still stick to using just iso/salt to clean a tube though.

yea like calp said the guy at my local shop told me its reusable and to just poor the stuff right back into the bottle. I have been doing this with the same bottle for about 2 months or so and the solutions cleaning power has not weakened at all. Still melts the res right off my glass and even melted the gorrila glue right off a piece i had glued together.

The trick is to just use the grunge off often enough that when you do clean it big chunks of resin don't get poored into the bottle again. It is expensive for one bottle but it will last you about 3 to 5 years the guy said. Hope this helps

also i dont want to have to soak my peice for 24 hours like most pep say they do with the grung off or 420 cleaner although that grung off is seeming better and better the more yall speak of it. ive used table salt and ebsons both work well and all as long as its a good percentage iso and its cheap dolla for salt anda dolla for iso i just hate shaking it around forever and having the risk of it slipping out my hands or bumping into something while shaking naw mean. dude just makes it seem as if as soon as he put that acetone in there shit imediatly started to strip the resin out, might just use in in my spoon to test it out and report back. depending on how i like it im probly just gana cave and get grung off haha.