Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarity

Default Clarity

I have always been under the impression that there is two differences between herb grown in soil versus herb that has been grown hydroponically. The first, is that hydro tends to produce a higher THC level. Second, that soil tends to have a better taste. The THC content I can imagine, perhaps due to the nutrient supply and what not. However, I have a hard time understanding how hydro effects taste. Taste is caused by terpenes, if I'm correct.

So my question is this:

In what way does hydroponics affect terpenes?
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.

I feel like it's more about the way the neutrients are being processed in soil vs. hydro also the fact that generally people growing soil, not all the time, but most often are going organic (at least that's me) and with hydro it's too easy and designed to be used with chemical neuts. But yeah I enjoy the more natural levels of excelleent strains through organics. I tend to stray from the massive hydro nug.

Hydro is bigger faster, not sure if it has been proven higher thc one way or the other. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I don't think hydro would be any different. Hydro is a faster, more efficient way of getting nutrients into your plant, but that doesn't mean it changes terpene profiles.

The sweetest indoor weed I ever smoked was done with GH and some pureblend Original compost tea. With a good long flush I can grow herb that even the most jaded, neurotic and Egomaniacal person from Arcata would love to smoke. That is the test right there. . . I have a whole county full of idiots who are hooked on "organics" despite their results of crappy weed and not much of it.

Organics for outside, hydro indoors that is what God intended.

You make it sound like hydro organic is impossible. I like soiless indoor. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I like soiless indoor, and I add organics.....
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by winspence3 View Post
    with hydro it's too easy and designed to be used with chemical neuts.
    Hmm....who says hydro is "designed for chemicals?" And i'd really like to know how hydro is any easier than using all-out organics. Most cats i know growing organicly only water their plants with, well.... water. Organic soil also buffers the pH. So it seems to me that watering your plants with plain, unadjusted water is far easier than having to mix up nutrients from several different bottles, and then adjust pH. Not to mention you've gotta adjust the res as needed.

Is there any objective evidence about the way hydroponics affects terpenes?
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.

holy moly hydro vs soil talk HAHAHA